It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:40 am

illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6 - Based on AddGadgets.com Gadgets

Post by raiguard »

v0.6 04-10-2015:
  • Drives Meter:
    - Shows Name, Disk Read Time Percentage, Read/Write Speeds, and storage used / capacity for each hard drive or removable disk connected to slots C-L
    - Will automatically adjust when you plug in/unplug a drive, changing the size of the skin to accomodate for the new information
    - Line graph shows read/write activity for each disk
    - Histogram shows read/write time (also displayed by the percentage across from the disk's name)
    - Settings let you show/hide the line graph or histogram, select if you want to hide certain drives, and customize colors
    All CPU Meter:
    - Added support for non-hyperthreaded CPUs
    Code Cleanup:
    - Cleaned up All CPU Meter's main section code, placing meters by row rather than by type
    - Removed All CPU Meter's support for CoreTemp and SpeedFan in favor of HWiNFO
    - Added more settings to Network Meter and GPU Meter
    - Fixed mistake in GPU Meter's settings skin that broke middle-click-to-default functionality for the checkboxes
    - Preparation for mass code cleanup to take place in v0.7 and v0.8
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6.1 - Based on AddGadgets.com Gadget

Post by raiguard »

OOPS!

Oops.

So I got an SSD earlier today! The Samsung 850 EVO is absolutely fantabulous! I'm loving it! But when I installed Rainmeter on my new copy of Windows 10... The E drive's measures were broken.

Upon looking at the code I realized that I forgot to rename the measures and change the variables from when I copied and pasted it from the D drive section! OOPS. My E drive before I got the SSD was my disk drive, so it never showed up and so I never got to test it.

I fixed the mistake, as well as updated the versioning in all skins (meters, settings, and the about skin) to be the same and released it as v0.6.1. Sorry about that!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
StaticFX

Post by StaticFX »

this is very cool... How do you do the histogram with just lines instead of the standard version from Rainmeter?

Edit: nvm its line lol

I just need to figure out the scale
Last edited by StaticFX on October 9th, 2015, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

StaticFX wrote:this is very cool... How do you do the histogram with just lines instead of the standard version from Rainmeter?
http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/meters/line
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

StaticFX wrote:this is very cool... How do you do the histogram with just lines instead of the standard version from Rainmeter?

Edit: nvm its line lol

I just need to figure out the scale
The page you were provided with should contain all the info you need.

On another note:

OH MY GOSH HOW COULD I BE SUCH AN IDIOT!? *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*

There were even more things broken with the E drive's stuff. HOPEFULLY the just-released v0.6.2 should fix all of those. If anybody comes across any other problems with it please, PLEASE let me know so I can remedy my stupidity!
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6.2 - Now with extra hugs!

Post by raiguard »

FUTURE PLANS:

This skin pack is almost complete... Sort of. The skin pack itself has very little left to be done, but I will be optimizing code and fixing flaws / inconsistencies before I'll release a v1.0. There is also a big change to the settings coming, but I'll leave that a mystery beyond this sentence.

After the conclusion of mainstream development on this skin pack, I'm going to create something magnificent: A foundation upon which people can build all kinds of system monitoring gadgets in whatever theme or layout they wish. The basic idea is that all of the measures are set up for you, so all you have to worry about it making the meters. And even the process of laying out the skin is greatly eased. Put simply, this new "foundation" will be the main focus of my work after illustro Gadgets is complete, and once the foundation skin pack is complete, I will be refactoring illustro Gadgets using it.

So that's I have for you to look forward to! If you guys have any questions, comments, petitions, declarations, constitutions, emotional outbursts, or cries for help, please leave me feedback in the form of a reply. Hope you all have a great month!
Mortus

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6.2 - Now with less bugs and extra h

Post by Mortus »

Very very nice pack, thanks!

There are some errors in the log, widgets themselves look fine however:

Code: Select all

NOTE (01:13:02.082) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (01:13:02.134) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini - [CPUName]: Measure: Invalid Substitute="\(R\)":"","\(TM\)":""," CPU":"", "  ":"", "@(.*)":"", "APU":"", "with":"", "Radeon":"", "\(tm\):"", "HD":"", "Graphics":""
ERRO (01:13:02.151) : ActiveNet.dll: Type=PhysicalCores not valid
ERRO (01:13:02.154) : ActiveNet.dll: Type=Processors not valid
ERRO (01:13:02.156) : ActiveNet.dll: Type=ThreadsPerCore not valid
ERRO (01:13:02.181) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore]: Extra operation: IfCondition=MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore <> 
NOTE (01:13:02.184) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini: HWiNFO detected.
ERRO (01:13:02.186) : Script: AllCpuMeterConfig.lua:196: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nThreadsPerCore' (a nil value)
NOTE (01:13:02.204) illustro Gadgets\Network Meter\Network Meter.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (01:13:02.220) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
ERRO (01:13:02.224) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
ERRO (01:13:02.227) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
ERRO (01:13:02.231) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6.2 - Now with less bugs and extra h

Post by raiguard »

Mortus wrote:Very very nice pack, thanks!

There are some errors in the log, widgets themselves look fine however:

Code: Select all

NOTE (01:13:02.082) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (01:13:02.134) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini - [CPUName]: Measure: Invalid Substitute="\(R\)":"","\(TM\)":""," CPU":"", "  ":"", "@(.*)":"", "APU":"", "with":"", "Radeon":"", "\(tm\):"", "HD":"", "Graphics":""
ERRO (01:13:02.151) : ActiveNet.dll: Type=PhysicalCores not valid
ERRO (01:13:02.154) : ActiveNet.dll: Type=Processors not valid
ERRO (01:13:02.156) : ActiveNet.dll: Type=ThreadsPerCore not valid
ERRO (01:13:02.181) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore]: Extra operation: IfCondition=MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore <> 
NOTE (01:13:02.184) illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\All CPU Meter.ini: HWiNFO detected.
ERRO (01:13:02.186) : Script: AllCpuMeterConfig.lua:196: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nThreadsPerCore' (a nil value)
NOTE (01:13:02.204) illustro Gadgets\Network Meter\Network Meter.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (01:13:02.220) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
ERRO (01:13:02.224) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
ERRO (01:13:02.227) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
ERRO (01:13:02.231) : ActiveNet.dll: failed to get InterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I've never actually meddled with the log file - I literally just copied SilverAzide's AllCpuMeterConfig.lua file and changed the measure names, as well as getting rid of some other stuff in it. So I never really knew the log existed before now. I'll be sure to fix that for my next release!
RabidWartHawg

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6.2 - Now with less bugs and extra hugs!

Post by RabidWartHawg »

Hi,

Nice work.
I tried setting the All CPU temps to display in °F. It does change the string to show "°F", however the values are not being converted. (or I have a superconducting water cooler LOL). What can I do to help debug it?

I also tinkered with making 2 GPU windows as I have dual graphics cards (SLI).
I tinkered making 2 separate widgets with different instances values, but perhaps you have a suggestion for a more elegant method?

thanks
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.6.2 - Now with less bugs and extra hugs!

Post by raiguard »

RabidWartHawg wrote:Hi,

Nice work.
I tried setting the All CPU temps to display in °F. It does change the string to show "°F", however the values are not being converted. (or I have a superconducting water cooler LOL). What can I do to help debug it?

I also tinkered with making 2 GPU windows as I have dual graphics cards (SLI).
I tinkered making 2 separate widgets with different instances values, but perhaps you have a suggestion for a more elegant method?

thanks
You happened to post this right as I was looking at this thread! Great timing.

I need to add help dialogues to the settings, because you actually have to go into HWiNFO and change the temperature setting to °F there as well as check the option in illustro Gadgets. It would be a very simple thing to convert the temperatures, though. Perhaps I will add that to my todo for the next version.

As for dual GPUs, the current setup would be very difficult to make work with them. I do plan on adding support for it, but right now I am focusing on other things. When I need a beta tester for the dual GPUs skin in the future I'll be sure to give you a call!