It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:05 am

Simple Perf Meters 2.3.0 - now with 4 Clocks and All-in-One

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
TGonZo

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.0.2 - Now with Disk temps

Post by TGonZo »

I found a few more bugs in the new Disk Settings skin that prevented entering IDs. All fixed. I hope that's it. This thing is getting large and takes a lot to test out the new stuff I add.
TGonZo

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.0.5 - Minor changes and code cleanu

Post by TGonZo »

UPDATE 2.0.5 - Minor changes, mostly code cleanup and consolidated all the skins settings to just the globalsettings.inc and the HWiNFO.inc file. That should make saving those 2 files to keep your settings after future updates much easier.
TGonZo

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.0.7 - added GPU settings to help AM

Post by TGonZo »

UPDATE 2.0.7 - Added GPU settings to help AMD graphics cards display a better Memory histogram. It's not perfect, but it is better. And fixed a few other small items. See details on the first post of this thread.

Hopefully this will be it for a while.
TGonZo

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.1.0 - any drive letter in any diskm

Post by TGonZo »

UPDATE 2.1.0 - 2015-10-09: Changed Disk Meters so you can type any drive letter for any of the 8 disk meters in the Disk Settings skin. In doing this, I changed many variable names to make it more consistent, so if you save your old config files, you will need to re-enter the settings for the Disks. Change the labels in the GPU settings skin to match what is in the HWiNFO for the memory settings.
BxB

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.1.0 - any drive letter in any diskmeter

Post by BxB »

Hi all. I install Simple Perf Meters and all super, but don't working rpm on CPU. GPU all ok and rpm too.
Pls help me fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

HWiNFO64 v5.06-2640 Sensor - in HWiNFO64 working correct rpm and on CPU too.
Simple Perf Meters 2.1.0 - i use it. CPUmemTemp2to1.ini template for CPU monitor.
thx.
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

Hi BxB,

Sounds like you found the CPU Fan rpm in HWiNFO, so that means you have put all 3 numbers in place in the Settings skin, and double checked they are correct.
- CPU Fan Sensor ID
- CPU Fan Instance
- CPU Fan Entry ID
If you have all in place and the green Display On block is lit, in the CPU Fan area, it should work.
It should not be difficult.
Try using the 3 ID numbers another Fan RPM, maybe from the GPU, just to see if it displays correctly in CPU skin. Then try the CPU Fan rpm again. Double check all 3 numbers.
Other than that, I'm not sure what to say.

Hope that helps.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Thanks for the updates! :)

When I was configuring my settings for 2.1.0 I realized that the skin only detects the MHz core clock sensor for one core, not all four. Would you be willing to add MHz core clock sensor support for folks like me with four core computer?

I also noticed I sometimes get this error:
"Error | SimplePerfMeters\GPU\GPU.ini - [HWiNFOGPU0MemMax] | Calc: Division by 0"

I think it may have something to do with my GPU switching off when not in use. Any ideas?

I have one more nit-picky little suggestion. My GPU doesn't have a fan sensor (its a mobile graphics card after all :D ) so I'd love a little setting to hide the RPM info on the GPU skin.
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions.

I have 6 cores, and I don't see the speed different for more than a split second as it is being changed. For the most part, when the CPU is busy, all the cores are up at the same speed, and when the cpu is at idle, all the cores are down at the same speed. At this point in time, I don't plan to add the other cores. It would take a big redesign to keep the meter useful and not overly cluttered.

I think I can fix the divide by zero problem. I guess I did not think the Percent used of GPU memory would ever be zero.

Adding the switch to turn off the GPU fan should also be simple enough to do.
For now, you can add 1 line to the file and hide it yourself, until I get around to making another update.

edit the GPU.ini file
find the [meterGPU0FanRpm] section
add "Hidden=1" to that section
save and Refresh the Skin

That should make the GPU fan rpm disappear.

Hope that helps.
TGonZo

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.2.0 - now with 4 GPU meters

Post by TGonZo »

UPDATE 2.2.0 - 2015-12-03: Added more GPU meters, up to 4 now. Added on/off switch for GPU fan display. Fixed divide by 0 error some were getting in the GPU max memory calculation. Added a CPU meter with only the Average and no cores, if you want a simpler look.
If upgrading from 2.1.0 to 2.2.0 and you want to keep your old settings files, backup these 2 files and copy them back after you upgrade, and refresh all the skins. That should keep most all of your settings from before.
SimplePerfMeters\ @ Resources\globalsettings.inc
SimplePerfMeters\ @ Resources\HWiNFO.inc

exper1mental, I fixed the divide by 0 error by not letting that value get to zero. It can only go down to 0.01, so it will not have the error, but I'm not sure what that will do to your Max Memory readout. It may be 0, or it may be a larger than real number. But it should not have a divide by 0 anymore.
raiguard

Re: Simple Perf Meters 2.2.0 - now with 4 GPU meters

Post by raiguard »

Great work! I like the look of it a lot. :thumbup:

Some things I would suggest, however: If I were you, I would redesign the meters to have a similar width. This way, you can stack them on top of each other and it will be a lot more aesthetically pleasing. Also, your settings skins are inconsistent. In the GPU meter skin you need to set the Sensor Instance and Sensor ID values for every sensor individually, but in the CPUmem settings it uses just one row for the sensor ID and another row for the sensor instance. I would make these more consistent across the skins, so people don't get as confused.

If you want any help feel free to ask me. I've been developing illustro Gadgets while you've been developing this, and I think we could learn a lot from each other. Cheerio! ;-)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017