It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:34 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
redorbroder

Re: Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by redorbroder »

Hello SilverAzide!

Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you thank you thank you for the Gadgets suite!!
Days later... maany hours... all is back like I want it!
I kept text files with all your guiding from way back and I finally got it working! YAY!! :D
About Win10 Pro... what can I say! I've been on Win7 Pro for 10 years and the jump was like a loong and veeery cold icebath! :|
Been concentrating on how to get the basics working and I'm finally there, but what a mess it's been.
Three attempts installing from scratch, learning as I go along, now most is done, a new clone of complete OS disk made...
I have a bad feeling that the configuring (my fat fingers) will go wrong again...
Some new things seems great, some not so great, start menu and settings are very confusing.

Thanks for your support!
Best regards and stay safe ans healthy,
redorbroder
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:43 pm Hello SilverAzide!

Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you thank you thank you for the Gadgets suite!!
Days later... maany hours... all is back like I want it!
I kept text files with all your guiding from way back and I finally got it working! YAY!! :D
About Win10 Pro... what can I say! I've been on Win7 Pro for 10 years and the jump was like a loong and veeery cold icebath! :|
Been concentrating on how to get the basics working and I'm finally there, but what a mess it's been.
Three attempts installing from scratch, learning as I go along, now most is done, a new clone of complete OS disk made...
I have a bad feeling that the configuring (my fat fingers) will go wrong again...
Some new things seems great, some not so great, start menu and settings are very confusing.

Thanks for your support!
Best regards and stay safe ans healthy,
redorbroder
Glad to hear you've got it all sorted! If you want a better Start menu, check out Start10 from Stardock. It's got a very nice Windows 7 style replacement menu to get things back to the way you like it, and even a nice "hybrid" one that is a mix of 7 and 10. :thumbup:

P.S.: I should have a new version of the Gadgets ready when the final Rainmeter 4.4.0 is released (keep an eye out on my GitHub site or on this forum, I'm not using DeviantArt anymore).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: October 29th, 2020, 7:43 pm P.S.: I should have a new version of the Gadgets ready when the final Rainmeter 4.4.0 is released
Why are waiting for as final release? In case of Rainmeter, betas are completely stable, there practically are no differences between a beta and a finaly release.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

balala wrote: October 29th, 2020, 8:31 pm Why are waiting for as final release? In case of Rainmeter, betas are completely stable, there practically are no differences between a beta and a finaly release.
There are a lot of people who don't want to install beta versions, even though they are very stable, so I normally don't require users to use a beta version. The next version of the Gadgets will have 4.4.0-specific features in it, so the minimum required version will be 4.4.0 instead of 4.3.1.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: October 29th, 2020, 9:16 pm There are a lot of people who don't want to install beta versions, even though they are very stable, so I normally don't require users to use a beta version.
You probably are right, however doesn't make too much sense. They probably don't know Rainmeter betas are stable and work with no problems. Never encountered any problem with betas. But as said, yes, you probably are right.
digidog

Post by digidog »

@SilverAzide

You have put the icing on my Windows 10 cake !!!! I have been holding on to Win 7-64 on all of my computers forever just because I loved the desktop AddGadgets.

In July, with a shiny new Ryzen 5 and B550 motherboard added to my F@H fleet, I was forced to use Win 10..... Leaving HWinfo sensors open on the edge of my screen ! LOL

I had toyed with the idea of using the "make windows 10 use gadgets again" software but my gut told me not to (I am old enough to remember 'Back Orifice')... A friend put me onto 'open hardware monitor' which was ok, but lacked many many features I had become used to (dependant on?).

Two days ago, in the wee hours, I stumbled upon your github page and started weeping tears of joy !
(ok really I just exclaimed "F*** YES! FINALLY!!" at the top of my lungs)

So, really I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you and keep up the fantastic work.

Also, Having an AMD/Nvidia/B550 combo... if you would like me to test out new "fixes" or "ideas" I would be happy to help. I have read through this entire thread tonight and understand that you do not have a newer AMD machine to test with.

P.S. I also have quite a few ideas (not complaints or requests) if you are interested.

Cheers from Ontario Canada !!!! :great: :welcome: :17good
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

digidog wrote: November 9th, 2020, 1:21 am @SilverAzide
[snip]
Cheers from Ontario Canada !!!! :great: :welcome: :17good
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! I created these for the all the AddGadgets fans, and for myself as well. If you have ideas or requests, feel free to post them here or as issues on the Gadgets GitHub repo. I generally have not been creating Gadgets that are outside the scope of the originals, or making modifications that deviate too much from the originals intent, but bug reports and suggestions for tweaks/improvements are always welcome.

But if you want even more Gadgets, check out Dudebaker's Gadgets Additions suite here https://github.com/Dudebaker/Gadgets-Additions/releases or here https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26610. There's a ton of cool stuff for just about every purpose, including media/volume controls and very popular stock market gadgets.
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 16th, 2020, 3:40 am Oh, awesome! I'll be sure to ping you when I'm ready. Thanks for the offer!!! :thumbup:
I'll happily offer up my 3800X as a tester as well if you need anyone else. It's on an MSI 570 motherboard if that makes any difference.
digidog

Post by digidog »

SilverAzide wrote: November 9th, 2020, 2:15 pm ... If you have ideas or requests ...
If I wanted to not have the CPU fan speed tracked on the line graph in All CPU Meter, which file/line would I need to adjust ?

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

digidog wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:37 am If I wanted to not have the CPU fan speed tracked on the line graph in All CPU Meter, which file/line would I need to adjust ?

Edit the All CPU Meter skin by right-clicking the skin and selecting "Edit skin". Then, find the meter [MeterLineFanUsage] and change the line Hidden=#HideFan# to Hidden=1.