It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:47 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.3.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

takayo72 wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 12:14 am the gpu gadgets cannot shown my gpu(gtx1070) fan speed reported from hwinfo
I have the right hwinfo id in the ini file
I replied to your duplicate post on DA:

Your screenshot is helpful, thanks! There is one thing you need to check. Did you follow the instructions flagged with "IMPORTANT" just above the highlighted line? It appears that HWiNFO shows that your graphics card has its own fan (this is typical for PCs). The note says to make sure you check your motherboard configuration to disable the setting for cases where the GPU fan is controlled by the motherboard (this is typical for laptops). A few lines above the ones in your screenshot is a variable HWiNFO-MOBO-GPUFan. Make sure you've followed the instructions and set this to 0x0:

HWiNFO-MOBO-GPUFan=0x0

Let me know if this helps; if not we can check some other possibilities. Thanks!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Medx

Post by Medx »

Thanks for the great work on these Gadgets. Much appreciated.

Just a question, would it be possible to add a toggle "on/off" for the graphs instead of going in the coding ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Medx wrote: April 29th, 2020, 3:45 am Thanks for the great work on these Gadgets. Much appreciated.

Just a question, would it be possible to add a toggle "on/off" for the graphs instead of going in the coding ?
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! To answer your question, sure, it's possible, but I just really have no interest in doing this, to be completely honest. I find the graphs VASTLY better at conveying information than a bunch of tiny numbers bouncing around. A quick glance at the graphs, and if I see anything unusual or problematic, then I can drill into the numbers. The only Gadgets where I did add that option was the Top Process suite, since those graphs are generally duplicated by other Gadgets (CPU Meter, GPU Meter, etc.). I won't say "never", though... maybe one day I'll be super-bored and add that feature, but for now there's no plans... Sorry! Or, if someone else wants to add it and contribute to the suite, I'll fold it in...
SAngeli

Post by SAngeli »

Hi,
even if I have been using this lovely skin for several years, I always failed to see:
- dynamic fan speed values in both All CPU Meter and GPU #0 Meter
- real CPU clock speed in All CPU Meter, meaning the same values task manager dynamically displays

I tried to read some instructions on the Internet but I am simply not capable to extract from HWiNFO the correct ID numbers because I have never edited an .ini file and never consulted HWiNFO sensors.
I found these tow interesting posts:
Post #1
Post #2

I know that my request involves some work but can someone please guide me through on how to acchieve this goal?
If I am able to see, even on YouTube, a full video on how to edit from beginning, an ini file I could try to learn.
On the contrary, Modern Gadgets already has enabled fan speed values, something I really liked. I do not know why Gadgets skin does not enable this feature by default.

Many thanks...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

SAngeli wrote: May 9th, 2020, 11:19 am Hi,
even if I have been using this lovely skin for several years, I always failed to see:
- dynamic fan speed values in both All CPU Meter and GPU #0 Meter
- real CPU clock speed in All CPU Meter, meaning the same values task manager dynamically displays

I tried to read some instructions on the Internet but I am simply not capable to extract from HWiNFO the correct ID numbers because I have never edited an .ini file and never consulted HWiNFO sensors.
I found these tow interesting posts:
Post #1
Post #2

I know that my request involves some work but can someone please guide me through on how to acchieve this goal?
If I am able to see, even on YouTube, a full video on how to edit from beginning, an ini file I could try to learn.
On the contrary, Modern Gadgets already has enabled fan speed values, something I really liked. I do not know why Gadgets skin does not enable this feature by default.

Many thanks...
Some of the posts you linked to refer to items that are a bit out of date. I guess the first place to start is with HWiNFO or SpeedFan. Which do you want to use? I would recommend SpeedFan, as it is much simpler to configure than HWiNFO. HWiNFO can do much more, but from what you have described as wanting, SpeedFan can do what you want for the CPU Meter. SpeedFan won't work with the GPU Meter however, that skin requires HWiNFO. You can't use both.

Let me know which of these two utilities you want to use, and whether you have them installed and running. This page describes some of the steps you need to do to get these working. Once you get this part done, we can look at the next step.
SAngeli

Post by SAngeli »

Hi and thanks a lot for your quick reply.
The link you posted for me I already consulted before writing on this forum (it is also present in my post). I got lost from step 7 on, using "HWiNFO".

Yes, HWiNFO is what I have installed and what I wish to use, despite the fact that it might be a bit difficult.
What is interesting to notice is that with HWiNFO installed Modern Gadgets already implements fan speed for both CPU and GPU. Is it perhaps an idea to apply this on your Gadgets too?
What I do not like at all is the fact that All CPU Meter is not accurate on CPU clock speed and believe because it is reading info off Rainmeter and not from HWiNFO. I wish to have it, if possible, just like what task manager reports that is way more accurate. How to accieve this?

I also have a question about Netwrok Meter Pro.
Can you please explain how to interpret left and right side measuring numbers I see above and below the graph?
I assume the upper left colum numbers indicate current Inbound and Outbound network trafic. No idea for the rest.
Also, would it make any snese to introduce a line that separates the numbers from the long Ethernet NIC name just like you have applied below the graph? I helps reading....
Lastly, would it also be possible, when the name on the NIC is too long to rename it manually?

Thanks
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

SAngeli wrote: May 9th, 2020, 5:49 pm What is interesting to notice is that with HWiNFO installed Modern Gadgets already implements fan speed for both CPU and GPU. Is it perhaps an idea to apply this on your Gadgets too?
It's working this way probably because you and raiguard have similar GPUs. As you will discover, there is NO WAY to have a configuration that works for everyone when using HWiNFO. Every make/model motherboard, GPU, CPU, etc., is different, and the settings are different for each.
SAngeli wrote: May 9th, 2020, 5:49 pm What I do not like at all is the fact that All CPU Meter is not accurate on CPU clock speed and believe because it is reading info off Rainmeter and not from HWiNFO. I wish to have it, if possible, just like what task manager reports that is way more accurate. How to accieve this?
Once you get HWiNFO configured, the clock speed will show correctly. By default, the CPU Meter (and Rainmeter) use the base clock reported by Windows. Task Manager (and HWiNFO) can report boost clock speeds.
SAngeli wrote: May 9th, 2020, 5:49 pm I also have a question about Netwrok Meter Pro.
Can you please explain how to interpret left and right side measuring numbers I see above and below the graph?
I assume the upper left colum numbers indicate current Inbound and Outbound network trafic. No idea for the rest.
Also, would it make any snese to introduce a line that separates the numbers from the long Ethernet NIC name just like you have applied below the graph? I helps reading....
Lastly, would it also be possible, when the name on the NIC is too long to rename it manually?
The numbers shown below the network adapter name are: Upload speeds in bits/second and bytes/second (green text), download speeds in bits/seconds and bytes/second (yellow text). Below the graph are two columns, "Current" and "Total". In the Current column are the total bytes uploaded (green) and downloaded (yellow) since you booted your PC. In the Total column are the total bytes uploaded (green) and downloaded (yellow) since you installed Rainmeter (or the NetMonitor service if you are using the "Pro" Network Meter gadget).

It is not possible to rename your NIC, that is coming from the network card drivers. You can edit the skin to change it to show anything you want, but that is best left for another time, after you get HWiNFO working. First things first...
SAngeli wrote: May 9th, 2020, 5:49 pm Hi and thanks a lot for your quick reply.
The link you posted for me I already consulted before writing on this forum (it is also present in my post). I got lost from step 7 on, using "HWiNFO".
OK, getting lost at step 7 is kind of a problem, LOL. Hover your mouse over the CPU Meter, you will see a wrench icon appear in the upper right corner of the Gadget. Click it to open the Settings. Click the HWiNFO icon to open the Shared Memory Viewer (SMV), and click the notepad icon to open the HWiNFO settings file. This is the most important file to adjust. At the top of this file are very extensive series of instructions that will guide you step by step to copy the sensor IDs, instance IDs, and entry IDs from the SMV to the HWiNFO.inc file. Follow the instructions precisely. Don't skip any steps or ignore any of the important comments. If there is anything you don't understand, post it here and I can try to help.
SAngeli

Post by SAngeli »

Hi,
for now I will address the last part of your answer:
"...series of instructions that will guide you step by step to copy the sensor IDs, instance IDs, and entry IDs from the SMV to the HWiNFO.inc file. Follow the instructions precisely."

This is the part I am not able to fowwlo because when I open "Show Shared Memory Viewer" I see a lot of info, like:
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: DTS
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: Enhanced
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: C-State Residency
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: Performance Limit Reasons
ASUS X99-A II (Nuvoton NCT6791D)
ASUS EC: ASUS All Series
GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760:

and so on.....
Where I have to click on and what I have to search for?

Moreover, when I obtain these info, where do I write then? I would assume on All CPU Meter.ini and GPU Meter.ini file. Is this correct?

This is what I have never done before.

Is there a YouTuve video that shows a real example, from which I can learn and then try to apply what I have learned?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

SAngeli wrote: May 9th, 2020, 9:46 pm Hi,
for now I will address the last part of your answer:
"...series of instructions that will guide you step by step to copy the sensor IDs, instance IDs, and entry IDs from the SMV to the HWiNFO.inc file. Follow the instructions precisely."

This is the part I am not able to fowwlo because when I open "Show Shared Memory Viewer" I see a lot of info, like:
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: DTS
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: Enhanced
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: C-State Residency
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: Performance Limit Reasons
ASUS X99-A II (Nuvoton NCT6791D)
ASUS EC: ASUS All Series
GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760:

and so on.....
Where I have to click on and what I have to search for?

Moreover, when I obtain these info, where do I write then? I would assume on All CPU Meter.ini and GPU Meter.ini file. Is this correct?

This is what I have never done before.

Is there a YouTuve video that shows a real example, from which I can learn and then try to apply what I have learned?
There's no YouTube video, sorry. You really need to read the instructions in the HWiNFO.inc file as I described above. You do NOT need to change All CPU Meter or GPU Meter; definitely do not touch these. The "CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K" section is your CPU, the "CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-6800K: DTS" section is your "digital thermal sensor" data, the "ASUS X99-A II (Nuvoton NCT6791D)" is your motherboard (or maybe the other Asus section), the "GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760" is your nVidia GPU, etc. Each of those sections would be used to configure your HWiNFO settings. No other files need to be changed.
Kaboloy

Post by Kaboloy »

In the old days I already used the AddGadgets.com Sidebar and found it very useful for general overview.
And now I can use the similar displays on my current system with Rainmeter and your absolutely amazing skin. First I will thank you for the development!
And now I have two questions:

1.) Is this normal that the CPU usage on my Windows 7 everytime between 8 and 15% (Pentium DualCore G3258, 2977 MHz) while Rainmeter is working? Could this be a problem with Rainmeter or with your plugin? (I have All CPU Meter, Network Meter and Drives Meter on my desktop)
You know what I can configure to save CPU-power? This is my only problem on Windows Seven.

2.) On my Windows 10 PC I work with a non admin account. The Network Meter displays no data. I went to the admin account and set the network adapter on my active adapter (I read it on the Rainmeter debug log). But when I start it on my user account it displays nothing. Only if I run it as administrator shows me the download and the upload graph. What can I do so that it runs with my user account?

Thank you SilverAzide!
(and sorry for my clumsy english :rosegift: )