It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:04 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
pul53dr1v3r

Re: Gadgets 5.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

SilverAzide wrote: November 28th, 2019, 4:14 am This is AWESOME. Thank you very much! A bronze statue in your honor will be erected in the Great Hall of Gadget Heroes, or at the very least you'll be given full credits. Your efforts are appreciated!

(Your translation will be included in the next release. :) )
don't make me laugh.
if you give to someone ten dolars and don't hear "thank you Silver", should you say it to the same person if he gives you (back) one ?
(general thanks aside).
Astrosms

Post by Astrosms »

Hey there,

It looks like the Weather Meter gadget is broken. It keeps trying to connect and failing. I'm suspecting that this is due to weather.com changing their API or something; the URL for a location to grab weather from doesn't match what is described in the guide at all...

Is there anything that can be done?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Astrosms wrote: January 17th, 2020, 7:18 am Is there anything that can be done?
The Weather Channel (weather.com) appears to have finally and permanently deprecated its wxdata weather feed. This has broken every Rainmeter weather skin that depends on the feed. There is nothing that can be done except for rewriting the skin to use another data source.

My current plan is to revise the skin ASAP to use the DarkSky API, which will require you to sign up to get an developer API key. The DarkSky API is free as long as you don't exceed 1000 calls per day (midnight to midnight UTC). Their data feed updates every 5 minutes, which should mean you could have 3 skins using the API at 5 minute intervals before you'd hit the cap, assuming 1 API call every 300 seconds/5 minutes.

A minor downside to DarkSky is that is has awful weather icon support (only has 10 different values instead of the 40+ used by Yahoo/TWC/etc.), so a lot more work is going to be needed by devs to make interesting/pretty weather skins.

OpenWeatherMap is another excellent and free data source (also requires an API key to use), but it has an unfortunately severe limitation in that free accounts only get weather updates at 2 hour intervals, which is useless for any skin showing current conditions.

If you are enjoying the Gadgets' Weather Meter, please hang on... I'm working on revising the skin as quickly as I can. If you are also a fan of ModernGadgets, know that Raiguard is working to fix his skin suite to use DarkSky as well.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets (UPDATED)

Post by SilverAzide »

FINALLY! :)

Gadgets 5.2.0 has been released!

Weather Meter has been extensively revised to switch data sources from the deprecated wxdata feed to the weather.com website. The skin might be a little slower to load since the web pages are massive in size.

Due to the change, the skin can be very prone to breakage if TWC changes their HTML. I will be looking into creating an alternate weather skin that uses the Dark Sky API. In addition, the units of measure are controlled by your locale, so you can't force the temperature units to be different than the default.

The biggest change is the 5-day weather forecast is temporarily unavailable. I have adjusted the flyout to show the "Next 36 Hours" forecast for now. I will try to restore the 5-day in a future version (the Dark Sky version will include the original 5-day forecast). Severe Weather Alerts are also not available at this time, but I hope to add this back in a future revision.

I tried to get the Weather Meter out as quickly as possible, so there may be glitches...

Enjoy the Gadgets!

Revisions for 5.2.0
  • Revised all Gadgets to use new default positioning options (requires Rainmeter 4.4).
  • Corrected Weather Meter Serbian translations. (Thanks Pul53dr1v3r!)
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to show moon angle.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter forecast flyout to scale to any desired size. (Thanks djamman!)
  • Major revision to the Weather Meter to use The Weather Channel website instead of the deprecated Wxdata feed.
  • Corrected Calendar to properly format week days and event dates when scrolling from month to month. (Thanks djamman!)

P.S.: Special thanks to @xenium for his hard work in building the regexps for scraping the weather.com pages.
And even more thanks to @jsmorley for his hard work creating templates and skins that centralize and simplify the work of converting skins from wxdata to weather.com.
:rosegift: :rosegift: :rosegift:
Last edited by SilverAzide on January 20th, 2020, 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets (UPDATED)

Post by SilverAzide »

The 5-Day Forecast has temporarily been replaced with the "Next 36 Hours" Forecast. The 5-Day will return in a future version (I hope).
Image184_Wx.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.2.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets (UPDATED)

Post by SilverAzide »

Gadgets 5.2.1 has been released.

This version fixes a few annoying regressions in the Weather Meter. I'm sure there are a few more to be found....
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.2.2 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets (UPDATED)

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released.

Get it on DeviantART: http://fav.me/d8n4kvx

For Gadgets 5.2.2:
  • Revised Weather Meter to restore Severe Weather Alert functionality.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.3.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A new version of the Gadgets has been released!

5.3.0 - 2020-02-29:
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to restore full functionality to match the previous Wxdata-based version.
  • Revised Weather Meter Location Search to use OpenStreetMap.org to get latitude/longitude for any location.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter so clicking the location name will open Google Maps for that location.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter flyout to optionally display either statistical forecast data or the narrative forecast description.
  • Corrected Weather Meter moonrise/moonset display for case where moon does not rise or set on the given day.
  • Corrected Weather Meter Polish translations. (Thanks tepiloxtl!)
  • Corrected Calendar + Day gadget "Today" background color when using the "Blurred Edges" or "Solid" background options.
  • Enhanced Digital Chronometer to allow showing logon time, uptime, both, or neither.
  • Enhanced Network Meters to allow hiding the IP addresses. (Thanks raiguard!)
NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.3.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A new version of the Gadgets has been released!

For Gadgets 5.3.1:
  • Corrected Weather Meter moon angle display for days when moon does not rise, set, or sets before rising.
  • Corrected Weather Meter 5-Day Forecast flyout to prevent crashing Rainmeter when missing location data.
NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
takayo72

Re: Gadgets 5.3.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by takayo72 »

the gpu gadgets cannot shown my gpu(gtx1070) fan speed reported from hwinfo
I have the right hwinfo id in the ini file