It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:40 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
iieeann

Re: Gadgets 3.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by iieeann »

*** Latest Update, the GPU Meter is now working. What I did is go into bios and disable intel GPU, so only nvidia GPU is available.

In earlier setting, I enabled Intel GPU but limit it to only work with internal laptop LCD; when external display is attached, Nvidia will be active 100% and Intel GPU is sleeping (not totally disabled, just nvidia take over everything even without load. GPUz still can "see" the intel GPU but unable to use it because bios has disallowed the external output through ports). It happens that I am using external monitor 99% of the time and laptop lid is closed. If i suddenly unplug the external monitor, intel GPU will wake up and take over the laptop LCD.

I am not sure whether the GPU Meter will work with default setting if both Intel and Nvidia GPUs are active like normal laptop (Optimus running) without the external video output limitation i made earlier. Only a few laptops have this kind of bios setting to route all video outputs at HDMI/DP/TB at the user choice of iGPU or eGPU.
Laptop : Dell Precision 7720, E3-1535M v6, P5000, 8TB SSD. Windows 10.21H1
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Glad you got it working. By disabling Optimus and turning off the Intel graphics, you changed the physical order of the GPUs. As described in the docs, the GPU Meter by default reports on GPU #0. Your screenshot showed your nVidia card as GPU #1, which is why I suggested you record the values against the GPU0 settings in the HWiNFO.inc file, not the GPU1 settings.

BTW, I understand how your laptop works... I have a Dell Precision too. I also turned off Optimus; the only downside of using the nVidia card all the time is that when you're undocked it drains your battery pretty quick, but long battery runtimes isn't why you shelled out $8+K for that bad-ass laptop, is it...? ;)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

Yeah, it is working, i am new and your skin code is too advance for me to understand.
Even a simple thing like remove some of the graph lines in GPU meter is hard for me lol... I try to keep only MeasureGPUTemp and ";" the rest, and the graph is not moving anymore. :?

Code: Select all

; NOTE: draw graph lines from last to first for better appearance
[MeterLineGraph]
Meter=Line
MeterStyle=StyleGraph
;MeasureName=MeasureGPUFanUsage0
MeasureName2=MeasureGPUMemUsedPercent
MeasureName3=MeasureGPUUsageGraph
MeasureName4=MeasureGPUTemp
LineCount=4
LineColor=#PaletteColor4#
LineColor2=#ColorInfoText1#
LineColor3=#PaletteColor3#
LineColor4=#PaletteColor2#
For CPU clock speed, it seems HWinFO is used. But the clock speed maxed out at 3.1Ghz shown and not the same as HWinFo sensor screen or CPUz or Core Temp which will go up to 4.1Ghz. CPU model is also not shown but no big deal anyway.

Code: Select all

; clock speed
;   0 = use RainMeter (speed will be constant, reflecting base CPU clock)
;   1 = use HWiNFO    (speed will fluctuate with CPUs that support dynamic frequency scaling and
;                      overclocking; speed shown will be the maximum of all physical cores)
UseHWiNFOClockSpeed=1

I also tried to ";" the Ram usage meter bar and yet failed XD, not to mention how to show only 1 line in the graph by using average clock speed.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

OK, looks like you are making progress, but it seems as if your HWiNFO configuration is incomplete. That is why you are seeing the base clock speed instead of the core clocks reported by HWiNFO. I know you said you didn't change anything in the HWiNFO.inc file except for the values, but what I see in your screenshot of this file, this is NOT the one that I included with the Gadgets; the little bit of the text that I can see is completely different. Are you sure you are editing the correct file, and not one from some other skin suite? I can only suggest you download the Gadgets from the source (here: http://fav.me/d8n4kvx) and reinstall. You will need to re-enter the HWiNFO settings, unfortunately, but it seems like you need to do this anyway.

Before you try tweaking the skins, let's get them configured and displaying properly first... :)
muhdnurhidayat

Post by muhdnurhidayat »

is there a way to convert ICS files to the XML files used in your calendar gadgets (other than manually rewrite it in XML)?

our holidays are obviously very different from the default one provided in the gadget... (shocked to see a few public holidays upon installing just to find that it's not for our country ... i.e Labor Day in 4th Sept, it is 1st May here... and we never had "Patriot's Day", "Grandparent's Day" nor "Citizen Day")

I did get an ICS file that contained our basic holidays from Google so I want to convert it to use with the gadget instead of the default wrong holidays... if only there's a way to convert it...
Not so active here. Find me on Minetest forum.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

muhdnurhidayat wrote:is there a way to convert ICS files to the XML files used in your calendar gadgets (other than manually rewrite it in XML)?
No, sorry. You'll need to edit the XML file manually. The events in the file are typical US holidays, provided as an example.
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

The Network Meter is working good, only 2 different instances that I observed the download speed is faster than normal. Upon comparing with the old Gadget network meter, resource monitor and netspeedmonitor, the speed displayed by this Network Meter is reporting about double of the speed. Right click "Refresh skin" it is back to normal value.

I do not know how to replicate this, I only see this happen 2 times and that was during heavy downloading.
I still have old gadget network meter open side by side so i can observe the difference.

Using ethernet connection.
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

Found the issue earlier where the CPU name is not shown with model. The default substitute return the value at single word "Xeon" only. I amend it to suit my case, and remove the @ 3.10Ghz because the string is too long to show on the skin. Could be Windows has changed the way CPU name is displayed that the default option value is no longer applicable?

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Glad you fixed it. No, this isn't a Windows thing, it is an Intel thing apparently. Looks like for Xeon processors they changed the format of the name. For "Core" processors, the ID string is usually "<Intel> <brand>-<model> CPU @ x.xx GHz". For your Xeon, they stuck "CPU" between the brand and model number, "<Intel> <brand> CPU <model> @ x.xx GHz". Looks like I will need to tweak the regex per your fix.... Thanks for reporting this!
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

About earlier Network Meter abnormal reading issue, I now manage to replicate it. It happens everytime boot into windows without fail. The reading is 3 to 4 times higher than normal. Refresh the skin solves the problem until the next reboot, or unload/reload the skin.

Not sure where is the source of this problem, and why single refresh can solve it for the whole session. Both download and Upload readings are affected. I have tried uninstall rainmeter remove all skins and reinstall.

Only Ethernet is connected.