It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:03 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
fonpaolo

Re: Gadgets 2.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by fonpaolo »

I think I don't have explained it clearly.
I thought to adapt the skin I'm using with weather.com alerts, to make it available for non EU users.

When I started to develop my skin, as a base, I used weather.com alerts, since they were already there, then I switched to another source, but the alerts are only available for Europe.

After the last weather.com update, some months ago, the alerts for my country are completely disappeared and I was thinking they had removed them from the xml.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

On the GPU Meter, this is probably unusual, but I have CorsairLink also monitoring the GPU, need that because of the water cooler and the 3 profiles for fan speed management, I think (? or something is) on a boot that it is causing GPU Meter to not read the card identifier, though everything else reads fine on the skin. A wait of about 30 seconds or so and a refresh and it grabs the card ID correctly and holds it from then on.

I'm wondering if there is a way to delay that look at the card ID, or maybe better to see if it errors out and try again to get it a minute later? That would eliminate me having to refresh it manually.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

This would be a HWiNFO issue, unrelated to Rainmeter or the Gadgets. Not sure why HWiNFO would not immediately see your hardware. If you want to delay the startup of HWiNFO (or CorsairLink), my first thought is to create a scheduled task that runs at logon, with an added delay of however long you need. Once HWiNFO starts, the GPU Meter should auto refresh itself.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

I did take a look at what happens as HWinfo comes up.

Prior to HWinfo being available you get the -9000 readings, etc. Once HWinfo comes up, almost immediately the correct values for everything fill in and get displayed in real time in all the skins.

But the card ID never changes from its error condition. It's as if as long as it errors out once it never refreshes until I refresh manually after HWinfo is up.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

If I understand you correctly, I think you are referring to the GPU name and perhaps the icon as well? If so, you can fix your issue by making a simple change to the skin. Right-click the GPU Meter skin and select "Edit skin". Locate the section [MeasureGPUName] and remove the line "UpdateDivider=-1". Locate the section [MeasureGPUIcon} just below and remove the UpdateDivider line there too. Save and refresh the skin and your issue should be resolved.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

I did the removal of both of the lines in the script, saved it and rebooted. It behaves the same. The card name never appears until I reload the skin.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Dang it, I was hoping that would work for you. Well, I'm not sure I can debug this issue, something is fishy in your environment. It almost sounds like the HWiNFO plugin isn't supplying the values until it gets reinitialized.

One suggestion I can think of may be controversial and may not work, but it is to install the older HWiNFO 3.0.0 plugin, not the newer 3.1.0 version (from your description, it sounds like you have the newer one). v3.1.0 does not really work "properly" (perhaps not the right term) with the way it reports data (the author has a fix in the works but has not posted the update yet); there is a thread (about here https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13670&start=30) on one of the Rainmeter forums about it. You'll need to manually replace the newer DLL with the older one. The older v3.0.0 DLL is included in the Gadgets skin package.

Another thing to try would be to do some debugging on your end to see what is being supplied by the plugin and when it is doing it, to find out why some values are being reported while others are not. Perhaps there is a way to add a trigger to the skin to force a refresh so you won't have to do it manually.

A last suggestion would be to delay Corsair Link loading until after Rainmeter and HWiNFO start up. Perhaps HWiNFO and/or the plugin won't be affected if they get loaded first.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

I did some more timing checking last night.

Corsair Link starts right away and talks to the 1500i power supply and the H100i water cooler and sets the fan profiles. HWinfo is not up at that time. Rainmeter loads next and the skins appear. At this time I get the -9000 or an error on indicators for things the skins need HWinfo for values on. Then HWinfo starts up and instantly all of the values in the skins fill in as they should. All except the card type and the icon for the GPU. That's the only thing that doesn't refresh and get a value once HWinfo comes up and is available. It's only after I click the wrench icon on GPU Meter, and then click the refresh arrows on the setup window to reload the init files, that the GPU icon and card name appear. Once there they stay that way, until the next reboot.

It's not a big deal and I'd be happy just manually setting that and not even relying on the values in HWinfo for those two things. The GPU isn't going to change anyway and the values that do are already working perfectly. So manually setting the card name and icon would be fine with me.

It's as if the card type/icon values aren't getting read from HWinfo except on the initial launch of the GPU skin.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Another way you can refresh the skin is with a middle-button mouse-click, FWIW. Right-click and select Refresh from the context menu works too.

The card and icon do get set only once, but the removal of the UpdateDivider=-1 lines should have changed this behavior. :confused:
Area51

Post by Area51 »

Here is the relevant section of the file:

[MeasureGPUName]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-GPU0-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-GPU0-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOType=SensorName
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.*]: )":"","(:.*)$":"","\(R\)":"","\(TM\)":"","\(tm\)":"","NVIDIA ":"","ATI/AMD ":"","AMD ":"","Intel ":""

[MeasureGPUIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-GPU0-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-GPU0-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOType=SensorName
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="(.*NVIDIA.*)":"#@#GPU_nvidia.png","(.*AMD.*)":"#@#GPU_amd.png","(.*Intel.*)":"#@#GPU_intel.png","^$":"#@#GPU.png"