It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:06 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Area51 wrote:Ah OK. Understand.

Yeah, it's the GPU skin that never reads the value after the first time it starts up. If it doesn't get the GPU ID then, you have to refresh the GPU skin and it'll read it fine.
FYI, the HWiNFO 3.2.0 plugin has been released and contains a bugfix for your issue. I will look into releasing an updated Gadgets suite to contain the new plugin, but you can update it yourself until then.
Zalash

Post by Zalash »

Love the gadgets.

I do have an issue though. I have drives c,d,e,f,g,z. I can see all of the drives except z. I haven't found any information online about how to fix this. Since the tool should auto scale, it doesn't seem like there's much data out there about how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks,
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Just a couple questions for you to get the obvious stuff out of the way... did you open the Settings skin and enable monitoring the Z: drive, and is Z: a physical (not network) drive?
Zalash

Post by Zalash »

SilverAzide wrote:Just a couple questions for you to get the obvious stuff out of the way... did you open the Settings skin and enable monitoring the Z: drive, and is Z: a physical (not network) drive?
I found the enable you mentioned and that fixed it.

Thanks so much.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

RE: The GPU skin not reading the card values on initial boot -

Yes, that fix sure did work here for me. I have the newest HWinfo, that wasn't the issue I don't think, but did update the HWinfo 320 plugin and that fixed it :)

Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the skins and how useful they are.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Hey SilverAzide, I have a bug report for you!

When clicking the box to change the size of All CPU Meter, it instead activates the input box for core 20 color. The inputtext reference on line 657 of the settings skin is incorrect (is Executebatch 22, should be 26).

Additionally, there is an overriding "Scale=1" variable on line 26 of CPU meter that prevents it from being rescaled at all, even after fixing the input box.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
2017-04-23 18_19_29-.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the Settings skin back in August and updated the rmskin file with a corrected version a day or two after the original posting. So if you grab a fresh copy, you'll get the fix. But I don't see a "Scale=1" line anywhere :(, perhaps that was fixed too.

I need to refresh all the Gadgets anyway. I've made a few minor enhancements for the latest HWiNFO plugin and to remove the need for an HWiNFO-specific CPU Meter skin, but I haven't found the time lately...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the Settings skin back in August and updated the rmskin file with a corrected version a day or two after the original posting. So if you grab a fresh copy, you'll get the fix. But I don't see a "Scale=1" line anywhere :(, perhaps that was fixed too.

I need to refresh all the Gadgets anyway. I've made a few minor enhancements for the latest HWiNFO plugin and to remove the need for an HWiNFO-specific CPU Meter skin, but I haven't found the time lately...
Oh ok, glad to know it was already fixed. Quite frankly, I was surprised to see something like that slip through. I guess it actually didn't. :D

Take your time. As Shigeru Miyamoto said, "A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad."
superj

Post by superj »

when i set the D3D usage (percent) and the D3D dedicated (used vram in MB) why is it calculation the total vram number to be so high

R9 290X AMD GPU
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AMD cards are problematic, as mentioned in the Gadget's HWiNFO.inc file documentation. The Direct3D numbers are not really useful for anything as they are dynamic. When you say the VRAM total is "too high", remember that AMD cards can't report total VRAM, so it's not the amount of RAM on your card; its the amount your GPU allocated for D3D (at that particular moment), which isn't the same thing. Other than that, I can't tell you much else, since I don't know how you configured the skin or what your card is reporting to HWiNFO. You can blame AMD... :)