It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:26 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 3.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

I can't explain why this would happen on startup and get corrected after a refresh, that is very odd... but the behavior you describe sounds like you have multiple virtual network adapters that are affecting your statistics. Have you read this: https://comments.deviantart.com/1/522574269/4423509470? Seems that your stats are off by a factor of 3 or so.

I would recommend that you completely configure the Network Meter gadget to monitor all your network interfaces, not just the "default" one. Follow the steps described in the doc, in the second section (option #2). Configure your Ethernet and Wireless interfaces with the proper adapter names (use the gear button to try auto-configuring). I'd also configure the "Other Interface" with your cellular adapter, assuming you use it. You can use the "List my network adapters" option to see all the adapters on your system; DON'T configure anything that is flagged as virtual. It is up to you whether you want to use the "Pro" gadget variants; it shouldn't matter much unless you want an additional level of accuracy in your stats.
Let me know how it goes... :)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

Thanks for the guide, i switch to Pro version and the reading is now normal without refreshing. I do not know how to make it the default version to load, i ended up rename the pro to normal file name otherwise the ordinary version will be loaded every boot.

The network adapter name is too long to display properly, i removed some redundant words like "Connection" "Dual Band" "Module" which suit my case.

Maybe can add additional setting to hide External IP, I removed the string

Until now almost all rainmeter skins can replace the old windows gadget except for one, the Clipboarder, which is so useful and handy that no rainmeter clipboard manager can match at the moment (or did i miss it)
Laptop : Dell Precision 7720, E3-1535M v6, P5000, 8TB SSD. Windows 10.21H1
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

iieeann wrote:I do not know how to make it the default version to load, i ended up rename the pro to normal file name otherwise the ordinary version will be loaded every boot.
I have no idea what is going on with your setup, because Rainmeter will always reload the layout that was active when you shutdown. Renaming the skin is in no way needed, unless you are forcing a particular layout to be loaded. :confused:
SerVB

Post by SerVB »

Hello and thank You for this replica of AddGadgets ;)

Sidebar is too laggy so I decided to switch to Rainmeter. I used these sidebar gadgets:
gadgets1.jpg
Here are some requests for You:
1. AddGadgets used PCmeter to catch hardware statistics such as temperature or GPU load data. I see You suggest using HWiNFO that is extremely hard to set up (for me). So are You planing to support other good statistics apps? There is RivaTunerStatisticServer app which I use for showing FPS counter which also provides a statistics server to be read by other programs.
2. Could You add Ping Monitor "skin" with AddGadgets style?
3. There are some labels and fields in your skins that are not hidable (for instance CPU name or peak download speed). I don't need them. I found these fields in config files but I'm afraid to edit these files :oops: Is there any ability to turn the fields off?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hello! Welcome to Rainmeter! Here are some answers for you...

1. Yes, HWiNFO is difficult to configure, I totally agree. HWiNFO is well maintained and has an actively supported Rainmeter plugin, so it is one of the better (if not the best) applications to use for monitoring with Rainmeter. At this time, I have no interest in supporting any other plugin, sorry. If you think HWiNFO is difficult to configure (which it is), imagine how difficult it is to write (and maintain!) a whole skin to work with it, and plus more skin variations to work with other third-party tools. The good news is that if you carefully read and follow the instructions I supplied, you should be able to configure the skins, and the best news is that you'll only need to do it once. :)

2. To be honest, I have very little use for a skin like this, so it is doubtful I will ever do this personally. There are lots of other Rainmeter skins that do this tho, so it should be easy to find one that does what you need.

3. There's no built-in way to hide these. If you want them hidden, the easiest way to edit the skin without fear of shifting text around is to set the color of the text to transparent. For example, if you want to hide the "Peak" meter, open the Network skin and find the section [MeterNetMaxSpeed]. Change the FontColor setting to this: FontColor=#ColorFontSubtitle#[b],0[/b] (i.e., add the ",0" at the end of the line). This will set the opacity to zero (transparent), but won't cause any relative positioning to be adversely affected. The normal way to hide a meter is to set Hidden=1, but this can sometimes cause text to shift.
SerVB

Post by SerVB »

1. OK, I will read Your instructions carefully and try to set settings up ;)
2. Yes, I've found some skins. So maybe someday I will make AddGadgets styled Ping Monitor)

3. I have hidden Peak Speed Meter, but I can't hide CPU Name label: I switched [MeterCPUDisplayName]'s parameter from FontColor=#ColorFontSubtitle# to FontColor=#ColorFontSubtitle#,0 but the label hasn't disappeared: it has just changed the color... What am I doing wrong?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

For the CPU name change issue, it sounds like perhaps you have altered the colors or something, because adding the opacity attribute will make the text transparent, not change color. Sounds like one or more of the RGB color attributes is missing. A simple way to fix this is open the CPU Settings skin and middle-mouse click the "Subtitle 1 Color" textbox; the default color should be reset to "144,238,144". Your code change should then work perfectly...:
Image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SerVB

Post by SerVB »

Oh, it's my fault I think... I've changed the colors to original AddGadgets colors and I used HEX format. Of course RRGGBB,0 was read by computer as smth wrong.

Actually, when Title Color is set to FFFFFF, average load percentage has a wrong color too ;) And after I changed it to 255,255,255 all became great.

Thank you again!

P.S.: Is it okay that a color picked in "MainRGB" sometimes inserts in HEX format?

added after some time:
--- Feature request for Network Meter: ---

I've just added a variable (StatisticsHidden) and constants (StatisticsHeight, FullBgHeight) and edited code to turn off statistics when StatisticsHidden is set to 1.

New skin w/o stats:
newNetworkMeter.PNG
Added variables:
addedVars.PNG
Maybe You can add a check box to hide stats? Here is the new skin file (remove ".zip" in the name):
Network Meter HideStat.ini.zip
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

SerVB,
Nothing wrong with using hex colors, just note that the format changes slightly from "R,G,B,A" to "RRGGBBAA" ("144,238,144,255" = "90EE90FF").
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

my All CPU Meter no longer displays the core temperatures AFTER installing the latest final Rainmeter release 4.1. I did a system restore to get back my temps. I am not tech-savy. Any clues as to what caused this?

-thx