It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:01 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
MourningStar

Re: Gadgets 4.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by MourningStar »

MourningStar wrote:Many of the gadgets have that little wrench icon for modification of the display. On all the ones I have tried, e.g. All CPU Meter/Wireless Meter/Weather Meter, when I try to change the value for size it reverts back to default (1.00) upon exit. Same issue with opacity reverts to default (255). There could be other issues but these will do for starters. Am I doing something wrong?

:(

-thx
false alarm - got it working!

:17good
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

New issue : All CPU Meter help. The title at the top "CPU Usage" has a dynamic text display next to it that shows the usage percent. My need is for a kind soul to identify the requisite parameter/s and values I need to alter, which I assume is in the notepad file that appears when I r-clik on edit settings, so it stays visible when the transparency is set at -100% and on hover is set at fade-in.

-thank you
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote:New issue : All CPU Meter help. The title at the top "CPU Usage" has a dynamic text display next to it that shows the usage percent. My need is for a kind soul to identify the requisite parameter/s and values I need to alter, which I assume is in the notepad file that appears when I r-clik on edit settings, so it stays visible when the transparency is set at -100% and on hover is set at fade-in.
You won't be able to do this without extra editing because of conflicting logic. When your mouse is over the skin, the settings icon is changed from transparent to opaque and the percentage is changed from opaque to transparent. When you mouse is off the skin, the actions are reversed. This is so the settings icon is only visible when your mouse is over the skin; it is never needed any other time. Your request conflicts with this logic...

Your only option is to move the icon and leave it permanently visible (along with the percentage). To start, edit the skin and at the top of the file comment-out (or delete) the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction lines. Find the measure [MeterSettingsButton], and comment-out (or delete) the line ImageAlpha=0 Once you do this, both the percentage AND settings icon will be permanently visible.

Your next task is to move the icon. In the [MeterSettingsButton] section, change the line Y=3rto something like Y=15r, or whatever you like. You might need to fix the line that displays your CPU name in case there is overlap, but if not you should be good to go.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

^
perfect!

exactly what the patient asked for ...

:17nodding :17good :17nodding

:party:

Thank You!
SilverAzide wrote:Your request conflicts with this logic...
... only because of the current code construct.

No reason I can think of as to why it was not originally coded as per your instructions above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote:No reason I can think of as to why it was not originally coded as per your instructions above.
Because then it wouldn't look (or work) like the original AddGadgets.com All CPU Meter sidebar gadget this skin is emulating, nor would it look like any other skin in the suite. Sidebar Gadgets had a different way of opening the settings, so I had to compromise. Glad you got it working! :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 4.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets suite has been released.

The biggest change is to the Drives Meter Gadget, which has been completely revised to use the new UsageMonitor plugin. All Gadgets using the deprecated AdvancedCPU and PerfMon plugins have been revised. The performance improvement is dramatic, with Rainmeter's CPU usage typically less than 1% even with every skin in the suite loaded.

For Gadgets 4.1.0:
  • Corrected All CPU Meter issue where fan usage may not be calculated correctly in rare cases.
    Revised Network Meter external IP address and location providers.
    Enhanced Drives Meter to add ability to monitor drives A: and B:.
    Enhanced Drives Meter to use new UsageMonitor plugin to improve performance.
    Corrected Weather Meter sun angle calculation when monitoring locations in non-local timezones during DST.
Get it on DeviantART: http://fav.me/d8n4kvx

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 28th, 2018, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nice update! :thumbup:

"Enhanced Drives Meter to add ability to monitor drives A: and B:."

Floppy disks are making a comeback? Darn it... after I already turned my stack of floppies into coasters! ;-)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

eclectic-tech wrote:"Enhanced Drives Meter to add ability to monitor drives A: and B:."

Floppy disks are making a comeback? Darn it... after I already turned my stack of floppies into coasters! ;-)
LOL! Yeah, my first PC was rockin' DUAL 1.2 MB 5.25" floppy drives; those babies were mighty sweet. Only took 3200 floppies to install Windows 10....

Actually -- apparently -- Windows will let you assign drive letters A: and B: to a drive, so I've gotten a number of requests to add this. I was kind of surprised you could do that...
Hilary Querrien

Post by Hilary Querrien »

I love this so much :17good . (I couldn't find an I want your babies smiley so that one will have to do) Thank you!

Couple of minor whinges:

The network says 'Pealc xxxx'. I presume it means peak?
The weather meter doesn't seem to want to display the pic for the weather after I set it to my home town (UK). And I'd really like to drop the location and last updated lines and make the background transparent if possible.

Lots of love

Hil
*hugs* - Hil
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hello! Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! Sounds like your missing smiley needs to be added! :D
Hilary Querrien wrote:Couple of minor whinges:
Some info for you...
You are right, the Network Meter DOES look like it reads "Pealc"! Hm!! I never noticed that. But it really does read "peak:". The colon is blurring into the "k", so it looks like "lc". If it bugs you a lot, you can turn off "anti-aliasing" on the display meter. To do that, right-click the skin, select Edit, then search for the meter "[MeterNetMaxSpeed]". Change the setting AntiAlias=1 to AntiAlias=0. The text will be clearer, but it will be slightly jaggy.

For the Weather Meter, I responded to you on the DA thread. The missing icon is usually a problem with weather.com. This happens to me sometimes too; if you wait a few hours/days, it usually starts working again. You can pick a nearby location to test that it is working. Try using postal codes instead of city names, sometimes that works too.

To make the Weather Meter background transparent, that is an easy one. Open the Settings (click the wrench icon) and change the Opacity from 255 to 1. You might not want to use zero, as it makes the skin harder to click on.

To drop the last update line and location will require a lot of work. That bottom area is also used to display connection status, so simply removing it will require changes to some additional code. Removing the location likewise will require more complicated changes, especially if you use the small version of the skin.

Hope this helps!