It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:39 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 3.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released for users running Windows XP or Windows Vista only.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
NOTE: Gadgets 3.0.2 is the final version of the Gadgets that will be compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
If you are using Windows 7 or later, get the latest version of the Gadgets here.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

For Gadgets 3.0.2:
  • FINAL RELEASE for Windows XP/Vista; users with Windows 7 and later get the latest version here.
  • Corrected Weather Meter gadgets for date formatting issue when using leading zeros.
  • Revised Weather Meter to fix spurious "RegExp matching error" message in the log.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter clock speed display when using HWiNFO and having a CPU with more than 10 physical cores.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter processor name display for Intel Xeon CPUs.
  • Enhanced Chronometer Settings to simplify customized time display.
  • Corrected error in Digital Chronometer that did not display AM/PM properly after noon/midnight transition.
  • Corrected Network Settings to properly display service status in non-US locales.
  • Updated ActiveNet plugin to use latest Rainmeter SDK and Visual Studio 2017.
More information on this release can be found on DeviantArt: http://fav.me/d9chza4

Download Gadgets 3.0.2 for Windows XP/Vista here:
Attachments
Gadgets_3.0.2.rmskin
(4.9 MiB) Downloaded 349 times
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 4.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A major update to the Gadgets suite has been released.

For Gadgets 4.0.0:
  • Enhanced Digital Chronometer to use new SysInfo USER_LOGONTIME to get logon time.
  • Enhanced Network Meters and Wireless Meters to allow hiding current/total statistics.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support Intel Core i9 18-core CPUs.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support Qualcomm Snapdragon CPUs (preliminary; no temps or fan speeds at this time).
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter Settings to allow HWiNFO configuration.
  • Added pre-configured GPU Meters for systems with multiple video cards to make configuration slightly easier.
  • Enhanced GPU Meter to support Qualcomm Adreno GPUs (preliminary, requires HWiNFO support).
  • Major enhancements to Weather Meter to improve support for Weather Channel language-specific data and webpages.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to auto-configure languages, added custom action menu to simplify manual configuration.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter show correct sunrise/sunset times (TWC does not have correct times in forecasts).
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to show day length, sun angle, and moonrise/moonset times.
  • Revised FixedPrecisionFormat Lua script to work with inline Lua.
Get it on DeviantART: http://fav.me/d8n4kvx

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has had a few extremely minor changes related to how the service handles shutdowns, but upgrading the service is not needed. However, if you want to upgrade anyway, for best results stop the service and uninstall it before installing the latest version of the Gadgets. If you install the latest Gadgets first and decide to upgrade later, then use the Network Meter Settings to stop and uninstall, then re-install. DON'T try using the newer MSI installer to uninstall the older service, it will not work.
Last edited by SilverAzide on March 17th, 2018, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

The Weather Meter has been extensively revised to better support languages, including automatic configuration and simplified manual configuration. Links to weather.com resources will now direct you to language-specific pages.

Weather Meter also has been revised to support display of sun angles and moonset/moonrise times to better match the original AddGadgets.com Weather Meter Sidebar Gadget. Please note that the sun angle depicted in the Gadget is merely a relative position between sunset and sunrise, and should not be confused with the actual azimuth angle.

If you have a PC that is configured for one language but want to see the weather in a different language, the Custom Actions menu can be a quick way to select a number of supported langages:
WeatherMeterCustomActions.png
The Weather Channel's XML feed has long been known to have incorrect sunrise/sunset times. The Weather Meter now calculates the correct times and includes moonset/moonrise times as well:
WeatherMeter_RU.png
Last edited by SilverAzide on March 17th, 2018, 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

The All CPU Meter Gadget and GPU Meter Gadget now include preliminary support for Windows "Always Connected" PCs running Qualcomm Snapdragon ARM processors. Full support will be forthcoming, but will also require updated versions of HWiNFO and maybe CoreTemp and SpeedFan as well. It is not known whether any useful GPU data will be able to be monitored (they may be similar to Intel's integrated GPUs which offer few sensors, if any).
QualcommSnapdragon_mock.png
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Holy carp, there's already 18-core CPUs!? Time to do some more copy/pasting... :17denial

The good thing is though, now I actually have a well-designed backend to work with, so it'll be a lot easier than making the jump from 20 threads to 32 threads.
shoek

Post by shoek »

@SilverAzide I really appreciate your work on these gadgets. Having them made it possible for me to jump from Win7 to Win10!

I have a workstation with 4 physical network adapters, all active, but only one having internet gateway access.
I frequently see the Network Monitor Pro 's MeasureAdapterName calculated to 0 on my system, and thus the MeasureInterfaceName is blank.

I see the MeasureAdapterName is coming from SysInfo
And then that is input to ActiveNet to get the MeasureInterfaceName

Is there anyway to see what SysInfo is returning and why the gadget is getting confused?

It should be noted that the auto-config is not selecting the right adapter either, so I set it manually in the gadget's config. I'm guessing that this manual override is not affecting the SysInfo plugin.

I'd be happy to share details with you to help you debug what is going on.
For instance, I found for the auto-config, if I take out the Sort -Property InterfaceDescription from the powershell command it does detect the correct adapter. Is there a better way to do that than just sorting the interfaces alphabetically and picking the first? For instance, when I use the config "List my network adapters" link it does show my primary/gateway connection as the first one. And yes, I am also using the NetMonitor service.

Thanks in advance!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Sorry to hear you are having issues!

Since you have so many adapters, there's not a good way that auto-config can know which one to pick, so it just picks the first one in the sorted order. Not sorting it will cause the list to be in whatever order the devices get enumerated or were added, which might not be right either. So in your situation, you'll need to pick the "List my network adapters" option in Settings and manually select the correct ones you want to monitor. I added the "List" option specifically for folks in your situation.
shoek wrote:For instance, I found for the auto-config, if I take out the Sort -Property InterfaceDescription from the powershell command it does detect the correct adapter. Is there a better way to do that than just sorting the interfaces alphabetically and picking the first? For instance, when I use the config "List my network adapters" link it does show my primary/gateway connection as the first one.
Unfortunately, while the "List" option is showing the correct adapter first in your case, this is actually a bug on my part. The command is sorting the list by "InterfaceName" instead of "InterfaceDescription". InterfaceName is just a string like "ethernet_32769" or "wireless_32768", which was not my intent. I'll correct the command file in a future release (the skins are correct, the command file is not).

For your other issue, [MeasureAdapterName] is a plain old Rainmeter SysInfo measure that is supposed to return the name of the "Best" (or active) network interface. I've never seen it return a blank, that is strange! So, for your question...
shoek wrote:I frequently see the Network Monitor Pro 's MeasureAdapterName calculated to 0 on my system, and thus the MeasureInterfaceName is blank.
[...]
Is there anyway to see what SysInfo is returning and why the gadget is getting confused?
...SysInfo is in fact returning a blank (and thus a 0) for that measure, something that is very odd.

As you noted, because this measure is blank, the Gadget is not going to display the active adapter or your network connection name. or know if your adapter is ethernet, wireless, etc., so it might not configure its display properly.

I appreciate you offer to help debug this situation. First, the auto-config issue does not have a solution in your case because you have multiple adapters; there's no way to know the "right" one, so the end result is that you'll need manually configure the gadget. That's a one-time thing, so it should not be too big of a problem. However, the big issue is why SysInfo's ADAPTER_DESCRIPTION option (and I assume ADAPTER_TYPE if it were used) is returning blanks/zeros. That's my biggest concern. We'll need to narrow that down.

The good news is that these issues should not affect the ability of the Gadget to monitor your network adapter traffic since you are using the "Pro" version. It will only affect the display of the current adapter name/connection, which is certainly annoying, but not fatal.
shoek

Post by shoek »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not bothered by the fact that auto-config didn't work; I just wondered if there was a better way to parse the the output of the powershell command to make it more reliable. For instance, if it indicated which adapter is the default gateway, perhaps. I would imagine people with multiple adapters would probably want to report on their primary one, which is likely the one that is handling internet traffic by default.

And, just to be clear, once I manually set the adapter name correct in the settings, all the stats and everything else work just fine, except for the adapter name / connection name issue.

As you noted, the biggest issue is that SysInfo is returning blank. Anything I can do to help you debug that?
When I modify the code to manually send my correct adapter name (hardcoded) into the ActiveNet plugin, it returns the correct connection name, so I know that will work if we can just figure out why the SysInfo result is incorrect.
Instead of using SysInfo, couldn't you just use the adapter name from the settings or auto-config process? Why introduce another source for that information which potentially (and in my case, actually) could return a different result than the other methods you are using (eg: the auto-config process via the powershell script, or the user's own override of that in the settings).

Cheers,
-shoek
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shoek wrote:As you noted, the biggest issue is that SysInfo is returning blank. Anything I can do to help you debug that?
When I modify the code to manually send my correct adapter name (hardcoded) into the ActiveNet plugin, it returns the correct connection name, so I know that will work if we can just figure out why the SysInfo result is incorrect.
Instead of using SysInfo, couldn't you just use the adapter name from the settings or auto-config process? Why introduce another source for that information which potentially (and in my case, actually) could return a different result than the other methods you are using (eg: the auto-config process via the powershell script, or the user's own override of that in the settings).
Well, the intent of that SysInfo measure is to display the currently active adapter and the current network connection. These can change, like when you switch from wired to wireless operation (like undocking a laptop), or switching from one wireless network to another, starting/stopping a VPN connection, etc, etc. You can't use the adapter name from the config, since the skin needs to actively switch from one adapter to another when needed; by linking this to a single adapter, the skin can only show you that one network interface, whether it is active or not. Also, there's no powershell/wmic command I'm aware of that can tell you your currently active network adapter, it is not an easy thing to figure out, and the best way for this I know of is via Rainmeter's "Best" option. I was determining this value myself in earlier versions of my ActiveNet plugin (thus the name), but I dropped it once the feature was added to Rainmeter.

I'll post a small skin snippet you can try, and perhaps if there is an issue, we can start a thread on the Bugs forum and perhaps the devs can chime in.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Many of the gadgets have that little wrench icon for modification of the display. On all the ones I have tried, e.g. All CPU Meter/Wireless Meter/Weather Meter, when I try to change the value for size it reverts back to default (1.00) upon exit. Same issue with opacity reverts to default (255). There could be other issues but these will do for starters. Am I doing something wrong?

:(

-thx