It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:11 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, adding memory controller usage percentage is doable... anything that HWiNFO can monitor is doable. But I have to ask, what will this tell you that you won't already know? If the GPU and/or memory are under load, then you'll already see this in the other sensors. So, it seems of limited value... not to mention the bigger issue, which is that it only works for nVidia cards. (The original gadget works this way too.)

I'll check the CPU Meter gadget page file issue, I think it is only a small adjustment to fix this problem. I've had a few reports of this recently, so I will try to get a fix in the next patch release.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Hello SilverAzide.

So I am experiencing something odd with the ActiveNet plugin. Somebody has probably already reported this to you, and if so I'm sorry for wasting your time.

When I load/refresh Network Meter (whether it be yours or mine), ActiveNet reports the following error four times:

Code: Select all

ActiveNet.dll: failed to get NetInterfaceID: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
At first I thought it could be related to the Ethernet/Wireless/Broadband interface IDs that you change in the settings skin, but it doesn't look like those are related to ActiveNet. I am at a total loss as to what could be causing this.

Is this a real problem, or am I missing something obvious?
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Nope, you are not missing anything, this is a real problem. It is happening to me too on Windows 10 64-bit, perhaps something to do with the way memory is allocated (it was not happening in Windows 7, to me anyway). The fix requires a programming change/fix, which I've completed. I was hoping to wait for RainMeter 3.3 to be released, but I might need to push out the fix earlier.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Nope, you are not missing anything, this is a real problem. It is happening to me too on Windows 10 64-bit, perhaps something to do with the way memory is allocated (it was not happening in Windows 7, to me anyway). The fix requires a programming change/fix, which I've completed. I was hoping to wait for RainMeter 3.3 to be released, but I might need to push out the fix earlier.
Ah, ok thank you. You don't need to rush it, it's not an issue most people will notice.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

Anyone else getting an antivirus error when downloading this skin? Sonicwall AV says it contains the "Bladabindi.AKX" Trojan.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

prisoner881 wrote:Anyone else getting an antivirus error when downloading this skin? Sonicwall AV says it contains the "Bladabindi.AKX" Trojan.
You ARE downloading it from deviantart, right?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Nope, you are not missing anything, this is a real problem. It is happening to me too on Windows 10 64-bit, perhaps something to do with the way memory is allocated (it was not happening in Windows 7, to me anyway). The fix requires a programming change/fix, which I've completed. I was hoping to wait for RainMeter 3.3 to be released, but I might need to push out the fix earlier.
Also, there is apparently a problem with the HWiNFO plugin on Rainmeter 3.3 Release Candidate 2. Source: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22358. poiru does detail a fix, but it requires downloading and installing a runtime library from Microsoft's website. You might want to put up a notice about this somewhere on your post and the DeviantArt page.
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

Iamanai wrote:You ARE downloading it from deviantart, right?
Yes. From here: http://silverazide.deviantart.com/art/Gadgets-2-1-0-522574269

I'm pretty sure it's a false positive but if so it only started recently. I downloaded these skins maybe a month ago without them flagging as anything.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prisoner881: Correct, that is a false positive. There are only a couple executables in the package (the plugins), and they have not changed in months as you noticed.

Iamanai: Thanks, I did notice that issue with HWiNFO. I'm hoping the RM devs will be able to contact the author for a proper fix.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:prisoner881: Correct, that is a false positive. There are only a couple executables in the package (the plugins), and they have not changed in months as you noticed.

Iamanai: Thanks, I did notice that issue with HWiNFO. I'm hoping the RM devs will be able to contact the author for a proper fix.
We have been in contact with the author of the HWiNFO plugin, and there will shortly be a new version of the plugin that fixes this.