It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:27 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Area51

Re: Gadgets 3.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Area51 »

Yep, I ahd made backup copies of the ini files for all of the Gadgets and I copied over the relevant files for CPU Meter and GPU meter and restarted everything but no luck. I do know that the old file for CPU meter (which I renamed when copying) was called ini for HWinfo and the new Gadget has but one ini file.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

It does sound like your HWiNFO settings are incorrect. Install a clean copy of v3.0.1 and open up the GPU Meter settings to call up the Shared Memory Viewer and HWiNFO settings file, and then re-enter all the entry IDs, instance IDs, and sensor IDs. This file has changed slightly over time to allow for additional CPU cores, and etc., but most of the basic settings values should be the same as what you originally had configured unless your hardware has changed.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

Yep, that took care of it. I used WinDiff and was running some compares on the ini files but nothing really different there. the shared memory viewer was the key :)

I took a look at the sensor entries and corrected those using the config link in the GPU Meter, and got the CPU temps and all of the GPU readings working again.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

SilverAzide - :jawdrop :thumbup:

You. Are. Amazing!!!

I just posted my first message here in the "Introductions" category, and started off by asking if anyone had any success with porting, wrapping or duplicating Windows Desktop (Sidebar) Gadgets...and I see THIS!

Amazing work! You are a wizard of regex & parsing!

I have a *ton* of old .gadget files, some of which I currently used on my Win10 desktop, and I'd love to try myself to get them converted over to .rmskin projects - mainly, the DeskTop RadLoop, the NOAA GOES & Full Sun .gadgets you can see in my incredibly insane desktop snapshot here:

http://i.imgur.com/QWWnvJ7.jpg

Yeah, to some it may look crazy - I just like lots of info I can grab where it's needed. I'd just love to jettison sidebar.exe because of the cpu & ram penalties, not to mention stability issues of it running under Win10 - and an Insider build as well (PITA to re-do the install of sidebar.exe from gadgetsrevived.com).

Any ideas, pointers, or tips would be *deeply* appreciated!

Keep up the excellent work!!

--ScottK
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Glad you like the Gadgets! :bow: I will reply on your Intro thread. If you like lots of gadgets on your desktop, you came to the right forum. Once you start playing with Rainmeter and building your own, you'll probably need to go out and get another couple monitors to display them all. ;-)
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

:rofl: Yeah, very true! Others see my screenshot and they like "What the....are you with NASA or something?"

Again - thanks for the excellent work!

--ScottK
TNSepta

Post by TNSepta »

I've been having a strange error on the CPU gadget after upgrading to 3.0.1 from 2.2 , I have attached a screenshot of the error:

http://i.imgur.com/QWWnvJ7.jpg

The gadget is not detecting any of my cores, but all 4 virtual cores were previously detected while using 2.2 . Average CPU was not turned on for the gadget.

Do you have any idea what can be causing this and how to fix it? I have already tried restarting Rainmeter and the computer.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Could you re-post the screenshot? The one you posted does not appear to show the CPU Meter gadget.
If cores are not being detected, that usually is due to attempting to edit the variables file directly instead of using the settings skin. You can reinstall the Gadgets, or you force the CPU Meter to reset itself. To force a reset, edit the CpuVariables.inc file and set the TotalCores and ThreadsPerCore variable to 1 (yep, 1). Save the file and refresh the gadget. It will see a mismatch in the core count and reset itself.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:Could you re-post the screenshot? The one you posted does not appear to show the CPU Meter gadget.
If cores are not being detected, that usually is due to attempting to edit the variables file directly instead of using the settings skin. You can reinstall the Gadgets, or you force the CPU Meter to reset itself. To force a reset, edit the CpuVariables.inc file and set the TotalCores and ThreadsPerCore variable to 1 (yep, 1). Save the file and refresh the gadget. It will see a mismatch in the core count and reset itself.
So you actually took the time to play Where's Waldo? on that? :-)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

LOL :lol: