It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:04 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Hilary Querrien

Re: Gadgets 4.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Hilary Querrien »

Umm. I tried setting the opacity to 1 and that sets the *settings* opacity to 1. It doesn't have any effect on the main skin (this doesn't happen with the other gadgets if that's any help). Also I just wanted the background to be blank. Not to actually change the opacity of the text. A bit more like the 'myweather' gadget in the 8 gadget pack.

I'll try changing the location but so far the icons haven't appeared at all. I'll have a look on other thread.

After fiddling with the 'edit'on the network meter (and finding quite a number of AntiAlias settings) I found the Peak: text and removed the : which works great (for me anyway).

Hil
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hilary Querrien wrote:Umm. I tried setting the opacity to 1 and that sets the *settings* opacity to 1. It doesn't have any effect on the main skin (this doesn't happen with the other gadgets if that's any help). Also I just wanted the background to be blank. Not to actually change the opacity of the text. A bit more like the 'myweather' gadget in the 8 gadget pack.

I'll try changing the location but so far the icons haven't appeared at all. I'll have a look on other thread.

After fiddling with the 'edit'on the network meter (and finding quite a number of AntiAlias settings) I found the Peak: text and removed the : which works great (for me anyway).

Hil
Something is not right. Setting the Opacity to 1 will definitely change both the Settings skin and Weather Meter skin background to transparent, just like it does with all the other Gadgets... EXCEPT for the "Weather Meter (Small)" skin variant (you didn't mention if you were using this one). The small version can't support transparent backgrounds because of the expanding/scrolling section. The weather conditions section "slides out" from under the top section, so if the skin was transparent you'd see the two sections overlaid on top of each other. I should make this more clear in the Settings, sorry about that. The Opacity setting only affects the background, not the text itself or the icons (if you find otherwise, let me know since that would be a bug).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Hilary Querrien

Post by Hilary Querrien »

Oh *blushes* yes I am using the small skin. The other information though interesting isn't something I really need to see most of the time (and also I don't have room for it!)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hilary Querrien wrote:Oh *blushes* yes I am using the small skin. The other information though interesting isn't something I really need to see most of the time (and also I don't have room for it!)
OK! Well, if you are interested in doing a little skin editing, it would actually be pretty simple to remove all the current conditions data and chop down the skin to display only the stuff you are interested in. Let me know and I can post the steps.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 4.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets suite has been released.

Get it on DeviantART: http://fav.me/d8n4kvx

The biggest change is that Rainmeter 4.2 (final) is the minimum required version of Rainmeter due to use of numerous 4.2 enhancements.

For Gadgets 4.1.1:
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to allow searching for weather.com location codes.
  • Revised Network Settings to more reliably display service status in non-US locales (again).
  • Enhanced Calendar to auto-configure localized month/day names.
  • Enhanced Digital Clock to show clock name.
  • Corrected Settings to prevent long text entries from displaying outside the bounds of textboxes.
  • Updated Welcome gadget for Rainmeter 4.2 and ConfigActive 2.1.
NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets suite has been released.

This release includes an enhancement to All CPU Meter to support CPUs with up to 64 logical cores. In addition, the Drives Meter will optionally show the total amount of data read and written since bootup when the mouse is over the Gadget.

Another major change -- at long last! -- is that the GPU Meter can now display memory usage for AMD GPUs. This enhancement requires using HWiNFO 5.80 or later and is not guaranteed to work on all AMD graphics cards. The total amount of dedicated memory installed on your video card must be manually entered into the HWiNFO.inc configuration file (see notes in the file for more info).

(The Gadgets suite version number has been bumped to 5.0.0 to prevent confusion with Rainmeter's version number.)

For Gadgets 5.0.0:
  • Revised Calender to handle issue where auto-configuration could fail in rare cases.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support AMD Threadripper 32-core (64-thread) CPUs.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter Lua script to properly configure the skin on machines with multiple physical CPUs.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter to show proper CPU clock speed when using CoreTemp.
  • Corrected ActiveNet plugin to properly calculate threads per core on machines with multiple physical CPUs.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter so severe weather alert icon is color-coded by significance.
  • Enhanced Drives Meter to show total bytes read/written since bootup for each drive on mouseover.
  • Enhanced GPU Meter to show RAM usage on AMD GPUs (requires HWiNFO v5.80 or later and recent AMD GPUs/drivers).
NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: the NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
shoek

Post by shoek »

SilverAzide wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 2:11 am An update to the Gadgets suite has been released.
Great update SilverAzide!

I wanted to point out 2 things.

First, everytime I update Gadgets, I have to edit HWInfo.inc to add some values so it shows all my CPU temps. I have an 8-core/16-thread i7-5960X and by default All CPU Meter only shows temps for the first 8 entries, unless I make this edit to HWInfo.inc

Code: Select all

; CPU #0 DTS
; core 4 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core4Temp=0x1000004
; core 5 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core5Temp=0x1000005
; core 6 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core6Temp=0x1000006
; core 7 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core7Temp=0x1000007
Second, on Network Meter Pro, in this new update the Network.png image is clipped for me. I'm running the latest Rainmeter Beta.

Thanks,
-Steve
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shoek wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 3:48 amI wanted to point out 2 things.

First, everytime I update Gadgets, I have to edit HWInfo.inc to add some values so it shows all my CPU temps. I have an 8-core/16-thread i7-5960X and by default All CPU Meter only shows temps for the first 8 entries, unless I make this edit to HWInfo.inc

Second, on Network Meter Pro, in this new update the Network.png image is clipped for me. I'm running the latest Rainmeter Beta.
Thank you for the feedback! I know about the first item... all machines are different and sensors IDs will differ (or need to be added or removed). But I understand your concern, I will add additional IDs into the default config for the next release.

For the second item, this appears to be a bug in the 4.3 Beta. There are additional posts about issues with ImageCrop, so it appears the problem is not fixed in the latest beta. I will post a note in the Beta forum, but until then the only fix is to revert to the 4.2 release, or perhaps an earlier beta. (This error did not seem to happen in some earlier Alphas/Betas.)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

A brief note to those interested:

There was a minor packaging error in the Gadgets 5.0.0 release that prevented the Network Meter from auto-configuring itself on first launch. The .rmskin file has been updated to correct this. There are no other functionality changes. If you have already installed Gadgets 5.0.0 and configured any of the Network Meter variants, you will not need to install this again. Sorry for any inconvenience!

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets suite has been released.

For Gadgets 5.1.0:
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to add Swedish translations. (Thanks Redorbroder!)
  • Corrected Weather Meter sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset times.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter CPU icon for Pentium CPUs.
  • Corrected Digital Chronometer to show proper week number.
  • Revised Digital Chronometer and Weather Meter to show days and dates in proper case in all locales.
  • Revised Settings skins button appearance due to changes in Rainmeter 4.3.0.
  • Enhanced ActiveNet plugin to enable retrieving a network adapter's operational status.
NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: the NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.