It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:54 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

We have been in contact with the author of the HWiNFO plugin, and there will shortly be a new version of the plugin that fixes this.
Thank you sir! Excellent news! :thumbup:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Re: Gadgets 2.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by raiguard »

The updated HWiNFO plugin has been released.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13670
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

For Gadgets 2.1.1:
Added minor curve smoothing to graphs to improve accuracy (original appearance can be re-enabled*).
Corrected Weather Meter time formatting when using Windows regional settings.
Added workaround for issue where NetIn/NetOut measures report speeds >1Gbit/s when switching adapters.
Corrected All CPU Meter gadget issue where page file free space showed negative values for some users.
Corrected error in All CPU Meter and GPU Meter gadgets that could fail to record the maximum fan speed.
Corrected Drives Meter issue where clicking drive labels only worked when gadget was scaled to 100%.
Corrected ActiveNet plugin for "arithmetic overflow" error (affected Network Meter on 64-bit Windows 10).
Updated ActiveNet plugin to use .NET Framework 4.5 or later for improved Windows 10 compatibility.
Updated HWiNFO plug-in to version 3.0.0.

*Note: To re-enable the original graph appearance, which has a more "spikey" look, right-click the Gadget and select the "Edit skin" menu option. In the [Variables] section near the top, change the SmoothFactor variable from 2 to 1. If you want more curve smoothing, increase the value from 2 to some slightly larger value. Save the file, then refresh the Gadget (middle-mouse click, or right-click and select "Refresh skin").
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

One other minor nit that I'd love help with. The Network Meter on my home PC occasionally shows the "Current" totals as negative numbers. Obviously this is nonsensical but I'm not sure what I can do to fix it.

My work PC *never* does this and I have the same version of Rainmeter and skins as the home PC (both are Win10Pro 64-bit), so I suspect it might be something related to the brand of NIC?

Anyway, it doesn't affect the functionality but I thought I'd bring it up in case there's an easy fix.

Thanks again for the outstanding and amazing work you've done bringing these skins to Rainmeter!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Interesting.... I suspect this can happen if your network adapters are not configured correctly. The Network Meter tracks the total bytes in/out for 3 adapters (wired, wireless, other/broadband) using the NetTotal measure. When the skin first loads, it sums these 3 total values and this is the "base" value. The "Current" values in/out are the current NetTotals (summed) minus the "base". For some reason, it seems your skin switches so that your base total is greater than reported by NetTotal, resulting in a negative value.

So my guess is this happens because your "Best" network adapter is not one of the 3 that are being monitored by the skin. Repeat the setup procedure (http://comments.deviantart.com/1/522574269/3808722511) to get the index numbers of your physical hardware adapters and make sure the skin is configured to match. Use an adapter index of 0 if you don't have one of the adapter type (wired, wireless, other).

Adapter indexes reported by Windows can easily be changed by other software adding new virtual network adapters, so you may need to periodically repeat the configuration steps. If you don't care about all your network in/out values being off by a factor or two or more, then just use an index of 0 for all 3 adapter types.
Mytre

Post by Mytre »

Using drives meter from Gadgets. they dont show reading or writing speeds. is there a way to make it work?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Works fine for me and lots and lots of other folks. The read/write speeds come from the PerfMon plugin and read the LogicalDisk "Disk Read Bytes/sec" and "Disk Write Bytes/sec" counters. Any reason those aren't working for you? Are you attempting to monitor a non-physical drive, like a mapped network drive? If so, PerfMon does not handle those and the Drives Meter gadget won't display it without modifying the skin. Has the skin been modified?

I saw your posting that Simple Perf Meters is not working for you either. The problem looks like it is on your end. You are going to need to debug the situation; run the Resource Monitor app from the control panel and verify that LogicalDisk is returning values for your drives. Until you find out what is going on with your machine, it is likely that no Rainmeter drive monitoring skin will work for you, since they all work in a similar manner.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

For Gadgets 2.2.0:
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support Intel 10-core CPUs.
  • Corrected Drives Meter issue where clicking drive labels did not work for removable drives.
  • Revised Drives Meter for Windows 10 issue where double-clicking the gadget did not bring up "This PC".
  • Enhanced Drives Meter to enable monitoring for up to 24 drives (C through Z).
  • Revised Wireless Meter for Windows 10 issue where double-clicking the gadget does not invoke the "Networks Flyout (Connect To)" window (Windows 10 does not support programmatic access to this feature).
  • Removed unnecessary LUA script from Weather Meter.
  • Revised Weather Meter to retry call to weather.com if the response is an HTML error page instead of XML.
  • Miscellaneous Settings UI enhancements.
Get it on DeviantART: http://silverazide.deviantart.com/art/Gadgets-2-2-0-522574269
Last edited by SilverAzide on August 11th, 2016, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Great update! Glad to see you're still alive. :thumbup:
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Area51

Post by Area51 »

I'm seeing errors on the Weather app related to Alerts:

I keep getting errors from the Weather screen about the Alert function. Is that normal?

MeasureAlerts gets RegExp matching error (-1)

There aren't any alerts on weather.com at the time I'm seeing this. I don't know if it works of there are as there haven't been any alerts since I've been testing.