It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:14 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
ptmax13

Re: Gadgets 3.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by ptmax13 »

Wow, great work SilverAzide...
Besides this being the awesome suite of gadgets that it is, it's the first one I found when looking for a skin that scales.
I can tell you've put many hours into this project.
One I would like is to have more modularity. For instance I don't have a core voltage reading from my gpu and I would like to remove it. I've edited the ini files a bit but this is not ideal if I want to update the skin in the future.
Anyways, I love it. Keep up the good work!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Gadgets! Yes, more modularity would be nice, but as you might imagine it seriously complicates the skins. Regarding the voltage issue, one thing you can do instead of removing the voltage stuff is to configure the measure to point to something else that you do have (the original addgadgets.com GPU Meter had measures for PCB temperature, shader clock speed, and memory controller usage... tho I found that many video cards didn't have those sensors either). Substituting something else for the voltage might make things easier since you won't have to make as many changes to the skin.
On the other hand, modifying the skins is half the fun! :D
ptmax13

Post by ptmax13 »

SilverAzide wrote:On the other hand, modifying the skins is half the fun! :D
Indeed my friend... indeed...
FYI your skin is still the only one I found supporting scaling, and proper scaling too.
You are fueling my little project here, and help me monitor my gaming rig during my gaming... sessions... :)
IMG_20171227_200613.jpg
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Kewl! :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

From a thread elsewhere... for your amusement: the Gadgets Modernizer Patch!

Turn your Old-style Gadgets... into Modernized Old-Style Gadgets! :)
Modernizer.png
All it takes is this simple patch, which just replaces two image files. Your configurations and settings remain unchanged.
Install the patch, then open your Gadgets Settings and set the background style to "Solid" and -- BAM! -- welcome to 2012!
Gadgets Modernizer Patch_3.0.1.rmskin
(803 Bytes) Downloaded 69 times
Gadgets Modernizer Patch inspired by raiguard's Modern Gadgets inspired by SilverAzide's Gadgets inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets!
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

That cracked me up way more than it probably should have. :rolmfao:
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

hwinfo 64 on, no core temp as dont need it. makes no sense to have both coretemp and hwinfo64 on just to read temp on the 6th core. dont need speed fan im not trying to read fan speed. just 6th core no temperature.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Correct, you only need one of the 3 apps to monitor temps. Using HWiNFO is probably your best option because it can do a lot more than just temps. But you have to configure it and the skin settings. You still didn't answer my question about that....
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

SilverAzide wrote:Correct, you only need one of the 3 apps to monitor temps. Using HWiNFO is probably your best option because it can do a lot more than just temps. But you have to configure it and the skin settings. You still didn't answer my question about that....
what do i need to configure for 6th core?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

olenbr wrote:what do i need to configure for 6th core?
1. In the CPU Meter gadget, click the wrench icon in the upper right corner to open the CPU Meter Settings.
2. Click the video card icon to open the GPU Meter Settings (this is where the HWiNFO config is located).
3. Click the "Show Shared Memory Viewer" link to open the viewer app.
4. Click the "Edit HWiNFO Settings" link to open the HWiNFO.inc settings file.
5. READ EVERYTHING in the HWiNFO file. The instructions will describe exactly what you need to do. You need to use the Viewer application to identify the "sensor ID" and "sensor instance" for each of your devices, along with "entry ID" value of specific sensors, and record these values in the HWiNFO.inc file.