It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:32 am

Weather Graph

Weather skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Weather Graph

Post by balala »

Starting from a previous thread (http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19626&hilit=+weather+graph), here's my Weather Graph skin, which can show the evolution of the minimum and maximum temperature for today and next four days. This code is a bit diferent from the other, but nothing important.
Don't forget to set up your weather code and the temperature unit (c or f).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by balala on August 25th, 2016, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Graph

Post by balala »

Due Yahoo is changing the API query language, to require OAuth authentication (as it's described here), the old code is not working any more. To can use it, replace the URL option of the [MeasureWeatherRSS] measure with: URL=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=#Location#&u=#Unit#.
Many thanks to jsmorley, for the help on how to fix this issue.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Cool idea :thumbup: 8-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Because the Yahoo Weather is not working any more, I had to fix the previous skin. Here is the working one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiteKing

Post by WhiteKing »

Thanks for the update, you're one of the best :welcome:
types140

Post by types140 »

[update] 2.2.3 added language support for german
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

[update] 2.2.4 added language support for Hungarian and Romanian
Also note the followings:
  • The previous version (2.2.3), posted by types140, had a small bug: the [Measure1DayMaxTemp], [Measure2DayMinTemp] and [MeasureFifthDay] was disabled. All this caused that the temperatures wasn't properly distributed over the vertical axis. Fixed.
  • I updated the [MeasureUpperCaseTempUnit] measure: the standard letters seems to be not m and f, but m and i (imperial). m must be converted to c, i to f.
  • Updated all Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll options to the standard Plugin=WebParser.
  • I changed the [MeterLocation], to show both, the city name and the moment of last update and moved it to a new (the old) place. Where it was, it overlapped the chart.
  • Removed the DynamicVariables=1 options from a few Calc measures, which didn't need it.
  • I rewrote and commented out a few lines of the CheckAlerts.lua, because there was a few errors in the log, caused by this script. But because I'm not the author of this script, I don't really understand what is it for. Anyway, the first operation made by the script was to try to get the value of the [WeatherParent] measure. But a such measure don't exists in the WeatherGraph.ini. Right now it's still not clear for me what's the reason of this script and maybe its author will clarify and fix the errors. I also moved the CheckAlerts.lua file into the @Resources folder.
  • In the context menu, I moved the English language to the first place.
  • Some other minor improvements.
When installing, the skin don't has set the location and unit. First the Settings tool will open, to can set the location. To can use the skin, you'll have to first use it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:2.2.4 doesn't do the things that my last version does why back to zero? :o
now missing the auto update on change ....
I'm not sure I understood what's the problem. What you mean by "back to zero" and what by "missing the auto update on change"?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hey Balala,
Just FYI... the CheckAlerts.lua script was written by jsmorley. The purpose of the script is to parse out weather alerts, IF PRESENT, from the wxdata feed from weather.com. Since there can be zero or more alerts, the script works better than a regex would (i.e., it won't throw errors into the log if there are no alerts). Perhaps the latest RM 4.0 features can work around this issue and alleviate the need for the script.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...