It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:49 am

Circuitous Two (1.0 release)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
FlyingHyrax

Circuitous Two (1.0 release)

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Last edited by FlyingHyrax on June 8th, 2013, 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
amc242

Re: Circuitous Two - beta testing

Post by amc242 »

Hi, FlyingHyrax!
I quickly redrew two of your skin: clock and volume. I did this to show how you can improve functionality even more.
- Seconds are now shown and round bar in clock skin also shows seconds graphically.
- Volume now can be changed by scrolling mouse wheel over any place of the skin an this is displayed in the round bar.

[I deleted skin, 'cause you have seen it already.]

I don't want to go deeper in your config files so I just redrew my own skins in the style of your suite. Look and apply these improvements in your suite, if you want.
Last edited by amc242 on May 23rd, 2013, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Hello amc242,
Thanks for your suggestions and sharing your code!

Already the time/clock skin roundline can be set to show progress through the hour, day, week, month or year (though year isn't working quite yet). I will experiment with adding seconds as an option as well, I like the look.
In the original skin the format codes for the time and date are configurable in the settings skin, so it is very easy to add seconds to the string.

That mousewheel function is cool! I had never used mouse scrolling actions before and will have to play around with it more in the future. However in the original volume skin you can set the volume to whatever you'd like by clicking anywhere inside the Roundline (thanks to Smurfier's awesome Lua scripting ability). I'm not sure I want to replace the roundline script with the mouse scrolling, though maybe I can figure out a way to have both in the skin without breaking anything.

One of the things on my Todo list is to write an "Advanced Tweaking Guide" that will explain how all of the config files and autoscaling bits work, to make it easier for people to write their own additions and mods. Haven't quite gotten there yet.

Thanks again for your suggestions and please let me know of any bugs you find! I have a list of all the bugs and things I want to add in the description on the skins DeviantArt page.
amc242

Post by amc242 »

the format codes for the time and date are configurable in the settings skin
I've seen this, but I want to show you another application of round bar that is already looks good in your suite :)
I'm not sure I want to replace the roundline script with the mouse scrolling
There is no need to do that. You can just copy [Bg] section from sharedMeters.inc to the volume.ini and add that code to [Bg] section:

Code: Select all

MouseScrollDownAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume -5"][!Update]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume +5"][!Update]
So when you will scroll mouse wheel over any place of the barely visible background of volume skin, it will change the volume and you .lua part won't be broken.
let me know of any bugs you find
1. For some reason I can't change the font settings.

2. I can't set Time format code and (Date Format too) in config window - when I click code for editing, window for entering custom code appear in the "Half-day" text position and doesn't allow me to change code.

3. Config window: I select Info tab then select Appearance tab and it is shown with height of previous Info tab. After refreshing/clicking tab name again height became correct.

4. [Possibly a bug?] Track name in NowPlaying skin is shown and hide after pause/moving cursor over skin with someinterval. Is it supposed to show album name or somenthing (I delete mp3 tags from my collection of music)?

5. [Not a bug] You can add all available skins launcher to the config menu.

6. [Not a bug] You could add color preset for the nice shade of green that you have used in the deviant preview :)

I have not noticed other bugs, so I think that skin suite is pretty useful right now :)
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Thanks for the bug reports, friend!

I have added MouseScrollWheel functionality to the Volume and NowPlaying skins - it's pretty awesome. I also am going to add another mode to show seconds in the time/clock skin; I have implemented it in the Lua code but not yet in the settings skin.

I'm hoping to get Beta 2 uploaded to DeviantArt today.

The settings skin is definitely the roughest part, I'll look into the things you mentioned.

#1-2) Errors in the InputText plugin measures - should be fixed now.

#3) I can't duplicate this - does it happen consistently? It might just have been Lua hiccuping.

#4) isn't a bug - the NowPlaying skin cycles between Title, Album, and Artist every 7 seconds. So you're just missing metadata. ;-)

#5) Good idea. Though perhaps instead of adding it to the config skin, I will include a second Layout/theme that loads all the skins at once.

#6) I'll have to think about color presets... it would be cool, but that appearance Tab is pretty huge already and I am growing weary of working on the settings skin... it would be neat though.

ALSO I'd like to add you to the credits section in the skin - is there a URL (profile, portfolio, meme .gif, etc.) that you'd like me to link to?
amc242

Post by amc242 »

I can't duplicate this - does it happen consistently?
I tried to record this bug on video by MSI Afterburner, but when I started to capture video, tab switching suddenly became fine. :) I can reproduce this bug only if closing and opening again the config skin. I can't explain this, possibly it's a driver issue.
I will include a second Layout/theme that loads all the skins at once.
:thumbup:
I'll have to think about color presets
I just add that simple buttons code to the page2.inc, right under [1ColorSqr] section.

Code: Select all

[OptionColor1BG]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,0,0,100
X=300
Y=280
W=25
H=25
Group=p1 | allPages
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "#*dimColor*#"][!Redraw #CURRENTCONFIG#]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "0,0,0,80"][!Redraw #CURRENTCONFIG#]

[OptionColor1Sqr]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=186,202,70,200
Group=p1 | allPages
X=2r
Y=2r
W=21
H=21
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "Variables" "pieColor" "186,202,70,200" "#@#Appearance.txt"][!RefreshGroup circa2]
ToolTipText="Set the predefined color in RainRGB"

[OptionColor2BG]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,0,0,100
X=330
Y=280
W=25
H=25
Group=p1 | allPages
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "#*dimColor*#"][!Redraw #CURRENTCONFIG#]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "0,0,0,80"][!Redraw #CURRENTCONFIG#]

[OptionColor2Sqr]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=48,175,243,200
Group=p1 | allPages
X=2r
Y=2r
W=21
H=21
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue "Variables" "pieColor" "48,175,243,200" "#@#Appearance.txt"][!RefreshGroup circa2]
ToolTipText="Set the predefined color in RainRGB"
And I've got this - plain and simple. :) Also skin group is updated after color changing.
Settings.png
I'd like to add you to the credits section in the skin
Usually I don't bother with this, but if you want - this is URL to my profile - http://amc242.deviantart.com/.
I'm just a beginner in skins creating and also does not know how to draw things - thats why my skin suite doesn't have any pictures except weather icons. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Cool. Here's my attempt - top row is meant for light on dark, bottom for dark on light:

...though I like how you were using that unused space to the right of the color controls. I might have to play around with this some more.

Bug #7 - the text color for the different pages in the setting skin is not supposed to be black like it is in your screenshot... it should be the same gray/white color as the other text, like the "readme" and "advanced" links. I'm not sure how that is happening because it definitely does not do that on my system...
Pending fixing that^ text problem, I will package everything up and upload beta 2 after lunch.
amc242

Post by amc242 »

Here's my attempt
Looking good, but I like your squares for color picking/setting little more. :)
the text color for the different pages in the setting skin is not supposed to be black
I don't do any changes in the font color config - text color is black right after installation and first launch of downloaded skin.
Last edited by amc242 on May 25th, 2013, 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

I went ahead and uploaded beta 2, so give it whirl and let me know how it goes.

I'm still not sure what the problem is with the "tab" text in the settings skin. When I test things out on my other computer, I will do a clean download and install from DeviantArt and hopefully be able to replicate the problem.
amc242 wrote:I can reproduce this bug only if closing and opening again the config skin.
...after reading your post again I saw this, and tweaked the base skin by adding FontColor to the tab strings so that the color should be right even if the Lua script somehow fails. But like I said, I never had the problem, so I have no idea whether or not it is fixed now...

I will experiment with moving the color presets over to the right side, where you put them. There is a lot of empty space there, and it would be nice to use that space and make the Appearance section shorter vertically.

For the CPU skin mod - I'm not sure, especially since not everyone has the same number of cores... things would start to get reeaaally complicated if I wanted to let the user change the layout (horizontal) and set how many cores to toggle. I might put it in the Advanced Tweaks guide though.
amc242

Post by amc242 »

I went ahead and uploaded beta 2
Here are some comments on the new beta:
- Color presets, clock with seconds bar, mouse scrolling actions in NowPlaying and Volume are really good;
- Tab text color problem is gone;
- I've noticed here is that "dark" presets have too dark font color for default background;
Screenshot.png
- It would be nice to add a button to NowPlaying skin for starting (or even closing) player;
- Trash bin skin is updated not so fast as I think - there is ~8 seconds delay.

I launch every single skin and can't find any noticeable bugs.
things would start to get reeaaally complicated if I wanted to let the user change the layout
Ok. I noticed "CircuitousTwo-All" layout and I think it solves all problems with skin grouping - I can easily set position of every skin I need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.