It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:06 am

Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

Post by SilverAzide »

Mordasius wrote: April 4th, 2020, 9:39 am Yup that certainly seems the easiest course of action if only I hadn't used a lua script to set some of the gauges and meters....
I saved you some work, perhaps: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34944.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2020, 3:17 pm I saved you some work, perhaps: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34944.
Many many thanks for this SilverAzide. I spent 3-4 hours converting the Cogs Tubes and Gauges weather skin yesterday but you finished and posted all of the patches before I'd even finished one skin. I've incorporated your patch in the Cogs Tubes and Gauges suite posted on DA.

I did make a couple of tweaks the most significant of which was to add a custom substitute for the Compass Wind Direction measures. Using

WindDirections='"':"","^null$":"","VAR":"S","N/A":"","CALM":"Calm","S":"South","N":"North","E":"East","W":"West","NorthNorthWest":"NNW","WestNorthWest":"WNW","WestSouthWest":"WSW","SouthSouthWest":"SSW","SouthSouthEast":"SSE","EastSouthEast":"ESE","EastNorthEast":"ENE","NorthNorthEast":"NNE"

Gives a "Gentle Breeze from the North" and a "Fresh Gale from the SouthWest" rather than a "Gentle Breeze from the N" and a "Fresh Gale from the SW".

Thanks once again.. I'll get on to updating the other suites later today.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Mordasius wrote: April 5th, 2020, 3:28 am Thanks once again.. I'll get on to updating the other suites later today.
You are most welcome! I will remove the patches as you update and redirect to the main DA pages so there is no confusion.
danno57

Post by danno57 »

Hello,

It seems the weather widget has stopped working recently. When I use the URLSite directly in a browser it responds:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://api.weather.com/v3/aggcommon/v3-wx-observations-current;v3-wx-forecast-daily-15day;v3alertsHeadlines;v3-location-point?" on this server.

Reference #18.b714e8ac.1648652528.48e1f5d

Perhaps the APIKey needs to be updated?

Love this set of widgets!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

danno57 wrote: March 30th, 2022, 3:05 pm Hello,

It seems the weather widget has stopped working recently. When I use the URLSite directly in a browser it responds:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://api.weather.com/v3/aggcommon/v3-wx-observations-current;v3-wx-forecast-daily-15day;v3alertsHeadlines;v3-location-point?" on this server.

Reference #18.b714e8ac.1648652528.48e1f5d

Perhaps the APIKey needs to be updated?

Love this set of widgets!
Yes, there are many many posts on this topic. Weather.com changed the API key back in January. Edit the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file and change APIKey line to:

Code: Select all

APIKey=21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3
danno57

Post by danno57 »

SilverAzide wrote: March 30th, 2022, 3:15 pm Yes, there are many many posts on this topic. Weather.com changed the API key back in January. Edit the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file and change APIKey line to:

Code: Select all

APIKey=21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3
Thanks SilverAzide. My apologies for not finding previous posts. There are none in this Cogs thread about it, and it didn't occur to me to check the broader forum.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

danno57 wrote: April 4th, 2022, 3:03 pm Thanks SilverAzide. My apologies for not finding previous posts. There are none in this Cogs thread about it, and it didn't occur to me to check the broader forum.
No worries! Many weather skins now use a common base "library" or template of files to fetch weather.com data, so when TWC changes something and breaks the template, every weather skin breaks simultaneously. If you ever have a problem with the weather, keep an eye on this thread. It is the master source of the template files, and it is always kept up to date.