It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:55 am

Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Mordasius

Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

Post by Mordasius »

Here is the slightly more subtle version of the BB&B collection. There is a lot more detail in the backgrounds and most of them have one or more animation effects - but nothing that puts any serious load on the average CPU.

I've included the wallpaper in the .rmskin but if you want to use the skins with your own background you can turn the outer gold bevels off in the CogsTubesGauges\@Resources\Configs\UserVariables.inc file where all the other user settings are stored.
Seahorse

Re: Cogs, Tubes 'n' Gauges

Post by Seahorse »

il_fullxfull.255836171.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

moshi

Post by moshi »

fun skins :)
nothing to critisize here, except maybe the arrows on the torrent skin (a little to saturated for me).
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Thanks again for your feedback moshi.

I took your advice on the BB&B stuff into account when doing the graphics for this collection. In particular, I tried to get a more uniform size to the tubes and gauges - goodness only knows how I ended up with those silly little thermometers when a circular temperature gauge fits so much better.

I never really paid much attention to the saturation slider in PS but see what you mean about the uTorrent arrows and have now toned them down a little. I've also reduced the saturation of the railway signal flag as the red really was far too red.

Thanks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Great work on this one!!

I sometimes run my single cpu at 100% for background task. When this is happening, the CPU-RAM-SWAP ini dial initially shows 100% (on refresh) then 3 seconds later the reading remains 100% but the dial goes to zero and never updates. If I am not running 100%, the meter reacts normally (updating every 2 cycles)... any thought on what might be going on?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

The error is in the Rotator meter [MtCPUpointer]. I had ValueRemainder=100 which sends the pointer to Zero when the value is 100%. Changing it to ValueRemainder=101 solves the problem with no noticeable effect on the pointer's position.

Code: Select all

[MtCPUpointer]
MeasureName=mCPU
Meter=Rotator
X=148
Y=112
W=80
H=80
ImageName=#@#images\cpu\cpr.png
OffsetX=40
OffsetY=40
StartAngle=4.04916386
RotationAngle=4.46804289
Antialias=1
ValueRemainder=101
I thought I'd tested the pointer position at 100% but obviously not. Thanks for reporting the error. :thumbup:

P.S. Doesn't your computer start glowing when you run the CPU at 100% for minutes on end?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mordasius wrote:P.S. Doesn't your computer start glowing when you run the CPU at 100% for minutes on end?
Thanks!

Glow? ... Yes, and the added heat is appreciated on long winter nights!
The sooner it goes into full "meltdown", the sooner I can upgrade to a multi-core...
Just think of the amount of heat I could get from that!!! :D
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

-> eclectic-tech proves he is worthy of a new CPU and mbo by running insanely CPU intensive background operations....
computer_meltdown2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

How'd you get a picture of my current PC?! :D
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

eclectic-tech wrote:How'd you get a picture of my current PC?! :D
Google is watching you......

Didn't you see that girl with a neck tie, Google ID and video cam hanging around outside your door?