It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:29 am

Rainsweeper

Skins that don't neatly fit into other categories
Kaelri
Developer

Rainsweeper

Post by Kaelri »

Download Rainsweeper 0.9
- Please make sure you're running Rainmeter 2.4 Beta r1593 or higher.

I started this skin almost a year ago, but I never got around to finishing it. It's a fully-playable Minesweeper clone. Except for the font, it's pure Rainmeter - just a skin file and a Lua script, plus user settings.

I've gotten a lot better at Lua since I wrote the script, and I'd like to go back and clean it up someday, as well as add an extra feature or two. But in the meantime, there's no reason to keep a fully-functional skin sitting around on my hard drive, so here it is. :) Anyone's welcome to fork the code on GitHub, as well. Just be sure to keep the font credit, please.
Alex Becherer

Re: Rainsweeper

Post by Alex Becherer »

great stuff. it even has highscores :)

it's probably just me, but somehow it does not feel right without sound.
Lightz39

Post by Lightz39 »

This is very cool. You should release this as part of illustro as an example of what can be done with the program.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Lightz39 wrote:This is very cool. You should release this as part of illustro as an example of what can be done with the program.
If the goal of illustro was to cause new users trying to figure out how Rainmeter works to end up on top of a university clock tower with a sniper rifle, then I would agree with you.

;-)