It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:01 am

ForceXtended Skin

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
mallchin

Re: ForceXtended Skin

Post by mallchin »

StaticFX wrote:how do you have the meter "filled in" below the line...like in the memory section?
I have two meters, a line and a histogram. The histogram gives the "filled in" appearance.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Great job so far! I can help you implement some of the features people have been requesting. Let me know if you want any help!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Okay, taking a look at your "Processors" skin, it's possible to automatically adjust the amount of cores and threads (those are different things) using only one skin. I'll throw together a sample and send you a pull request later (I'm in the middle of school right now, so it'll take a while).
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

Iamanai wrote:Okay, taking a look at your "Processors" skin, it's possible to automatically adjust the amount of cores and threads (those are different things) using only one skin. I'll throw together a sample and send you a pull request later (I'm in the middle of school right now, so it'll take a while).
Thanks, although mostly working now -- I'll be pushing a new version with lots of new features in the next day or so.

That said, curious what you're using to get the number of threads (am showing only threads in the new version).
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

Iamanai wrote:Great job so far! I can help you implement some of the features people have been requesting. Let me know if you want any help!
Will do! Once the new version is pushed feel free to send me any pulls.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

I use the ActiveNet plugin to detect the physical vs. logical cores (cores vs. threads) and some other stuff too. Code below:

Code: Select all

[MeasureCPUPhysicalCores]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActiveNet
Type=PhysicalCores
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureCPUPhysicalCPUs]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActiveNet
Type=Processors
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActiveNet
Type=ThreadsPerCore
IfCondition=MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore <> #threadsPerCore#
IfTrueAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables threadsPerCore [MeasureCPUThreadsPerCore] "#varPath#"][!Refresh]
UpdateDivider=-1
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

mallchin wrote:That said, curious what you're using to get the number of threads (am showing only threads in the new version).
Use:

%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
in a Meter or directly as a variable and it will give you the number of threads. ;-)
StaticFX

Post by StaticFX »

mallchin wrote:I have two meters, a line and a histogram. The histogram gives the "filled in" appearance.
ahhh one on top of the other! great idea!
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

fonpaolo wrote:Use:

%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
in a Meter or directly as a variable and it will give you the number of threads. ;-)
Just what I was after! :D
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Oh oops I gave you the wrong thing because I misunderstood.

%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
is indeed what you would use. Oops!