It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:51 pm

ForceXtended Skin

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
mallchin

ForceXtended Skin

Post by mallchin »

This is a fork from the original ForceX System Monitor by ForceX34.

I've re-written this from the ground up updating it for use with the latest version of Rainmeter and adding some new features.

Feedback, comments and patches welcome!

DeviantArt: http://fav.me/d4yytoj
Source: https://github.com/mallchin/ForceXtended

Thanks to all the downloads so far -- I really hope you like it!

----------------------------------------

2015-11-01 - v4.0.0

* Major re-write of codebase
* New AudioLevels module
* New GPU module
* New MediaPlayer module
* New System module
* New font for improved readability
* Merged Memory and Swap modules
* Now supports 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 cores/threads
* Now supports multiple drives
* Now supports Celcius, Fahrenheit and Kelvin temperatures
* Many other fixes

2012-05-07 - v3.0.0

Forked from the original ForceX System Monitor by ForceX34.

* Re-written from the ground up
* Updated for the latest version of RainMeter
* Numerous features added
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mallchin on November 1st, 2015, 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zerodean

Re: ForceXtended Skin

Post by zerodean »

Brand new to rainmeter, but the original skin this one is based off of is the first I wanted to install -- and then I discovered your tweaks, which are like icing on the cake. Really nice touches.

A couple suggestions (please forgive me, as I'm not entirely certain what is technically doable) -- Also, I'm only providing feedback because I LOVE this skin and what you did to it. :)

-----
For the battery meter, it would be cool to be able to see:

Charge Rate: (ie. 8.651 Wh)
Current Charge: (ie. 37.67 Wh)
Maximum Charge: (ie. 39.398 Wh)

----

Also, some kind of indicator when the batter is charging vs. when it is simply connected/fully charged. A small charging animation (battery filling up) might be cool...

-----

Network Traffic: Might make it slightly more readable at a glance with tiny up arrow/down arrow icons.

-----
General feedback:

As a newbie to rainmeter, some minor comments/documentation in the ini files to make it easier to know what to change in order to:

Add a drive, change temp from C to F

-----

Is is possible to add a GPU usage meter skin? -- possibly split CPU and GPU meters...

-----

BTW, I'm referencing my existing WIN sidebar gadgets that have all the info I need in a pretty easy to read fashion...

ChaosBlades

Post by ChaosBlades »

Just a few bugs, problems, and improvements to make...

Problems:
-You don't give any instructions on how to add more drives or cores etc.
-Enable more cores. I have a 2600k, I would like to show all 8 threads. Most people that care about system monitoring are running a least a quad core if not an i7.
-I have 2 GPUs I would like to see temps for both of them
-I have 3 Drives. I don't see how I can add more without lots of editing.
-I think it should be setup like the original ForceX. As in sub folders detailing your needs.

Bugs:
-Swap is way wrong on my system.
-Local IP is not correct
-Clock is 24 hour. Almost all people use / want a 12 hour clock.
-It shows my C drive temp. This is not possible because it is in RAID 0. It is most likely getting the temp for my Steam / Game drive.
-CPU speed is way wrong. I am running 4.9Ghz. (I guess you are working on this)

Improvements:
-Core temp on the end of the 'Usage' bar for the core. Instead of its own bar.
-GPU usage (You are working on it.)
-GPU Memory usage.
-SLI and Crossfire Support
-Top Process shows how much CPU that program is currently using
-Top Memory and how much memory that program is using
-An entire 'Module' for Top 5 Process and Top 5 Memory. That shows the processes and how much CPU usage and Memory they are using.
-HDD / SSD temp at the end of the free space bar or opposite side of 'Total:'
-Easy way / Instructions to disable HDD / SSD temp.
xumi

Post by xumi »

I was trying ForceX and it didnt showed properly the GPU temp (i have a i3 2310m), it showed the hdd temp in the gpu field, with yours it shows correctly.

Also the network data works with yours (it didnt with ForceX 2.2)

I really like that you did it modular, is really appreciated, but i agree with the number of drives, I have 2 partitions in my notebook and 6 on my desktop, and i would really like to see them all instead of just the C:\ disk.

another suggetions:
Dont think that a grap is needed for swap
Agree with zerodean about the power tab
Use 2 decimals on the total on swap and ram

@Chaos blade, for drives, I duplicated the folder "drives", then on the copy, opened the ini file and replaced "drive1" for "drive2"

and it all worked out smoothly =D
zombie

Post by zombie »

Thanks for the modular implementation of ForceX, definitely cleans things up a bit.

I added 4 and 8 core CPU stats to the github repo, but it doesn't look like you've been checking the pull requests, so I created my own fork...

Working on 2-4 drive stats now.

https://github.com/zombie666/ForceXtended
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

zerodean wrote:Brand new to rainmeter, but the original skin this one is based off of is the first I wanted to install -- and then I discovered your tweaks, which are like icing on the cake. Really nice touches.

A couple suggestions (please forgive me, as I'm not entirely certain what is technically doable) -- Also, I'm only providing feedback because I LOVE this skin and what you did to it. :)
Sorry for the late reply!

Really glad you liked it. I'll be pushing a new version in the coming weeks and will incorporate as many of these changes as possible (I've added them all to my ToDo list!).
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

ChaosBlades wrote: Problems:
-You don't give any instructions on how to add more drives or cores etc.
-Enable more cores. I have a 2600k, I would like to show all 8 threads. Most people that care about system monitoring are running a least a quad core if not an i7.
-I have 2 GPUs I would like to see temps for both of them
-I have 3 Drives. I don't see how I can add more without lots of editing.
-I think it should be setup like the original ForceX. As in sub folders detailing your needs.
I'll be pushing a new version in the coming weeks and will add as much support for different setups as possible, and add documentation to help people configure as needed.
ChaosBlades wrote: Bugs:
-Swap is way wrong on my system.
-Local IP is not correct
-Clock is 24 hour. Almost all people use / want a 12 hour clock.
-It shows my C drive temp. This is not possible because it is in RAID 0. It is most likely getting the temp for my Steam / Game drive.
-CPU speed is way wrong. I am running 4.9Ghz. (I guess you are working on this)
- Will fix swap bug
- Not sure why IP not working. Will look into it.
- Will add 12h/24h support.
- Temps are from SpeedFan and configured in Config.ini -- if using RAID-0 I'd ignore.
- Speed in the CPU Name string (and shows stock, non-turbo CPU speed). The Clock Frequency is what Windows returns. I've set this to update more frequently now to show the current speed (as most CPUs now scale on-the-fly).
ChaosBlades wrote: Improvements:
-Core temp on the end of the 'Usage' bar for the core. Instead of its own bar.
-GPU usage (You are working on it.)
-GPU Memory usage.
-SLI and Crossfire Support
-Top Process shows how much CPU that program is currently using
-Top Memory and how much memory that program is using
-An entire 'Module' for Top 5 Process and Top 5 Memory. That shows the processes and how much CPU usage and Memory they are using.
-HDD / SSD temp at the end of the free space bar or opposite side of 'Total:'
-Easy way / Instructions to disable HDD / SSD temp.
- You want per-core temps?
- GPU/SLI support on the way
- SLI support (if possible) on the way
- Will pad out top process info usage (I like the entire module idea!)
- It shows HDD/SDD temps currently (you want it moved?)

Been some years since you wrote this but I'll see what I can do!
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

zombie wrote:Thanks for the modular implementation of ForceX, definitely cleans things up a bit.

I added 4 and 8 core CPU stats to the github repo, but it doesn't look like you've been checking the pull requests, so I created my own fork...

Working on 2-4 drive stats now.

https://github.com/zombie666/ForceXtended
Yes, modular made so much sense once I got into the code!

Thanks for the pull requests; I've *finally* acted on them (sorry for the delay!).

I'm working on an update -- if you have an ideas or code to include let me know :)
mallchin

Post by mallchin »

xumi wrote:I was trying ForceX and it didnt showed properly the GPU temp (i have a i3 2310m), it showed the hdd temp in the gpu field, with yours it shows correctly.

Also the network data works with yours (it didnt with ForceX 2.2)

I really like that you did it modular, is really appreciated, but i agree with the number of drives, I have 2 partitions in my notebook and 6 on my desktop, and i would really like to see them all instead of just the C:\ disk.

another suggetions:
Dont think that a grap is needed for swap
Agree with zerodean about the power tab
Use 2 decimals on the total on swap and ram

@Chaos blade, for drives, I duplicated the folder "drives", then on the copy, opened the ini file and replaced "drive1" for "drive2"

and it all worked out smoothly =D
Temps need adjusting in Config.inc on a per-setup basis (fairly easy, just change IDs).

Glad nertwork data worked (I improved some code for this).

Modular was a great approach :)

I'll incorporate these changes (were possible) into the next update! (Thank you for the suggestions).
StaticFX

Post by StaticFX »

how do you have the meter "filled in" below the line...like in the memory section?