It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:59 am

FeedReader w/ sorting

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Mordasius

Re: FeedReader w/ sorting

Post by Mordasius »

Alex Becherer wrote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-2" ?>

this is your key. maybe you'll have some success with the codepage settings here: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-WebParser_beta it is likely that such a setting ruins other feeds that do not use this charset though.
Alex's suggestion is probably as close as you'll get. Just put CodePage=28592 in the [MeasureFeed]s with Polish characters. For example, if URL5=http://twojepc.pl/news_rss.php then use:

Code: Select all

[MeasureFeed5]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=#URL5#
RegExp=(?siU)(.*)$
CodePage=28592
Substitute=#WebParserSubstitute#
FinishAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureReader" "Show(5)"]
UpdateRate=#UpdateRate5#
This won't show wydajność but it will show wydajnosc rather than wydajno??

As Alex said, such a setting ruins other feeds that do not use this charset. You'll get a list of 'Untitled' titles if you leave CodePage=28592 for feeds which are not encoded to ISO-8859-2 (although they will be correctly bulleted if 'new' and clicking on them will take you to the page).
rainusero

Post by rainusero »

This won't show wydajność but it will show wydajnosc rather than wydajno??
@Alex and Mordasius: it works perfectly. I simply put

Code: Select all

CodePage=28592
in every [MeasureFeed]s where I found
ISO-8859-2
encoding. And it shows "ąęśćńźół" etc.

Now it would be good to recognize what type of encoding is on server side, and depending on that an appropriate CodePage value should be initiated.
It should be done by the LUA script, I suppose ( e.g. function CodePageRecognition() ).

@Mordasius: If you would consider it appropriate and necessary and it won't be quite a low priority for you at the moment (or in the future), you could implement such a feature in your skin ( and "bullet-left-align" issue which we talked about a few posts earlier, by the way ;) ).
Last edited by rainusero on October 17th, 2012, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rainusero

Post by rainusero »

@Mordasius: How to divide this feed into e.g. 3 parts (5 URLs feeds on 1 page, another 5 URLs on second page and another URLs on third page, 15 URLs together) ? This must be done within one skin. I don't want to copy skin, rename it and store next 5 URLs there) ?

Could you (anyone who read this) help me in general with this issue ?
rainusero

Post by rainusero »

Someone knows where can I find a skin with similar functionality I described above (some stuff on 1 page, some on second, etc. - it doesn't have to be associated with RSS, of course) ?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

You could take a look at Kaelri's Reader which shows two sets of feeds side-by-side and is where I got 99% of the lua script for the BBC Feedreader from.
rainusero

Post by rainusero »

This is not exactly what I mean.
I don't want to show multiple feeds at the same time.

There should be only one set of feeds visible at the same time.
Lets say, I have 3 buttons ('a', 'b' and 'c').

I click 'a' and then first set of 5 URLs (from URL1 to URL5) are visible, second and third are not.
I click 'b' and then second set of 5 URLs (from URL6 to URL10) are visible, first and third are not.
I click 'c' and then third set of 5 URLs (from URL11 to URL15) are visible, first and second are not.

Buttons 1 to 5, grabbers and arrows aren't changing at all.

This is an issue which I am unable to handle by myself.

Would you be so kind to address this issue for the first two pages / buttons ?
It is obvious that your 'Skin-making' experience is far greater than mine :)
Then I'll be able to continue this task alone (I think so :) )

And having correct example will be a good start to fully understand what is it all about (Groups, ShowMeter, HideMeter, etc.) and it will be very helpful for me to do further modification of your skin.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

With all respect rainusero, it's about time you started helping yourself.

Delve in and try altering the skins you have. Start with something simple like three image meters so that when you click 'a' the first image appears, when you click 'b' and the second image appears, etc. Once you have got that working you can move on to sets of URLs which are not the easiest of things to play around with, particularly if you havn't yet come to grips with the basics of showing and hiding groups of meters.
rainusero

Post by rainusero »

Delve in and try altering the skins you have.
Made it ! I finally figure it out. Buttons work fine now. Now I can add more than 3 pages with more than 5 RSS every.

Greetings.
TheLeGend

Post by TheLeGend »

I like its simple design.

Is it possible to add tool-tip display <description> of RSS feed on mouse hover?

Thanks!
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

Been using this free resource to sort feeds for a while now:

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/

Can output as RSS.