It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:53 pm

KeyState

Skins that monitor system information
jsmorley
Developer

KeyState

Post by jsmorley »

Dec 17, 2013: Updated my KeyState.dll Rainmeter plugin for some changes to the Rainmeter Plugin API.

This skin will demonstrate how to use the KeyState.dll plugin to display the state of the Caps/Num/Scroll keys. The appropriate 32bit / 64bit version of the plugin will be installed by the .rmskin.

KeyState Plugin Usage:
Simply create a plugin measure using KeyState.dll. The only setting is "KeyName=", which can be "Caps", "Num" or "Scroll". The measure will return either 0 (normal) or 1 (locked).

Code: Select all

[MeasureCAPS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=KeyState
KeyName=CAPS
KeyState_2.0.rmskin
KeyState.jpg
Rainmeter 3.0 or later is absolutely required to use this skin.
http://rainmeter.net

Note: both 32bit and 64bit versions of KeyState.dll are included with the skin, so you can distribute them in your own .rmskin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KreAch3R

Re: CSKeyState

Post by KreAch3R »

Do we have any documentation on what else this plugin can do? I didn't find it in the manual (yet). :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote:Do we have any documentation on what else this plugin can do? I didn't find it in the manual (yet). :)
This is not a plugin that ships with Rainmeter, but a 3rd-party plugin. The goal of the new Plugin API and SDK is to hopefully encourage more folks to jump in the deep end and start coding their own plugins in C++ or C#.

As to this one, pretty much what is in the skin is what it does. It checks the Cap, Num or Scroll keys as defined by KeyName= on the measure(s) and returns 0 (normal) or 1 (locked).
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Could you look into adding state for the Function key lock of some keyboards?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:Could you look into adding state for the Function key lock of some keyboards?
Sure, I'll look into that. Going to be hard for me to test, as I don't use a laptop, but I'll see what I can do.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

My wireless keyboard has an F Lock key, so I can test.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

jsmorley wrote: This is not a plugin that ships with Rainmeter, but a 3rd-party plugin. The goal of the new Plugin API and SDK is to hopefully encourage more folks to jump in the deep end and start coding their own plugins in C++ or C#.

As to this one, pretty much what is in the skin is what it does. It checks the Cap, Num or Scroll keys as defined by KeyName= on the measure(s) and returns 0 (normal) or 1 (locked).
Oh, Ι thought it could check other key states as well (haven't thought of a reason, but for the sake of it happening). Ok then.

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote: Oh, Ι thought it could check other key states as well (haven't thought of a reason, but for the sake of it happening). Ok then.
It's really meant to take the place of keyboard led lights for those that don't have them on their keyboards. Many wireless keyboards don't anymore.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Yep. Mine doesn't, too. The problem is, with so many great little skins for Rainmeter, that I don't have the real estate to put them in a aesthetically good way for me :P I obviously need another monitor. :sly:

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote:Yep. Mine doesn't, too. The problem is, with so many great little skins for Rainmeter, that I don't have the real estate to put them in a aesthetically good way for me :P I obviously need another monitor. :sly:
I guess one could put them down on the taskbar set to "stay topmost" so they don't fight the taskbar always wanting to be in front.
2-7-2012 7-32-37 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.