It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:57 am

EarthquakeMap 2.1

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Matth

Re: EarthquakeMap 2.1

Post by Matth »

Awesome, thanks :17nodding
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You are welcome :welcome:
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Hi there.

The hover text at the top center of the skin is mangled - see image below.
2018-01-18_13-06-04.png
I have tried changing the scaling but it always pops up like this for me. Maybe I am missing a font?

Awesome skin! I live in Japan where we get quite a few earthquakes and this is great to have on my desktop!

The other thing I am having trouble with - the mangled buttons seem to have a Rollup and Rolldown function. The Rollup sets the height to 42. The Rolldown sets the hiegth to the value of image.height - which in this case the Rollup function made 42. So - what is the original value of this? Rolldown should reset the value to 300 or something - but I would like to know what this value should be?

Code: Select all

[RollUp]
Meter=String
X=26R
Y=r
W=20
H=20
InlineSetting=Size | 14
InlineSetting2=Color | 32,32,32
Text="[\8613]"
Padding=1,1,0,0
StringAlign=CenterCenter
SolidColor=#BackColor#
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables image.Height 42 "#@#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables HideQuakes 1 "#@#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables HideDisasters 1 "#@#Variables.inc"][!Refresh]
ToolTipText="Minimal Display"
UpdateDivider=30
Hidden=1
Group=Controls

[RollDown]
Meter=String
X=8R
Y=r
W=20
H=20
InlineSetting=Size | 14
Text="[\8615]"
Padding=1,1,0,0
StringAlign=CenterCenter
SolidColor=#BackColor#
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables image.Height "#image.Height#" "#@#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables HideQuakes 0 "#@#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables HideDisasters 0 "#@#Variables.inc"][!Refresh]
ToolTipText="Normal Display"
UpdateDivider=30
Hidden=1
Group=Controls
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

The skin requires Rainmeter v4.1 beta r2873 minimum in order to show unicode characters. That is why you are seeing the bracketed code...

There was a typo introduced in my last update... the Rollup section is okay,
but the RollDown section LeftMouseUpAction should be modified to:

[RollDown]
Meter=String
X=8R
Y=r
W=20
H=20
InlineSetting=Size | 14
Text="[\8615]"
Padding=1,1,0,0
StringAlign=CenterCenter
SolidColor=#BackColor#
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables image.Height "#*default.Height*#" "#@#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables HideQuakes 0 "#@#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables HideDisasters 0 "#@#Variables.inc"][!Refresh]
ToolTipText="Normal Display"
UpdateDivider=30
Hidden=1
Group=Controls
The default value for image.Height should be #default.Height#. The rollup changes it to 42, then the rolldown changes it back.

Sorry for the typo! :17oops

I updated the download file on my DA site with these corrections.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Thank you very much!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

:17denial No need for thanks, I should be thanking you for letting me know about the problem I created...

Sometimes I do too many things at once, and muck them all up! :17angry

Glad to hear it is working for you! :17good
Matth

Re: EarthquakeMap 3.0

Post by Matth »

Like your skin very much. I do get an error thought saying that the "...EarthquakeMap3\@Resource\Icons/LANDSLIDE.ico" is not available. And there's indeed nothing like this in the path.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: EarthquakeMap 3.0

Post by eclectic-tech »

Matth wrote:Like your skin very much. I do get an error thought saying that the "...EarthquakeMap3\@Resource\Icons/LANDSLIDE.ico" is not available. And there's indeed nothing like this in the path.
Not all of the symbols used by the website are in the skin. I added the most active ones while re-creating it, but there were no landslides at that time... :D

The issue with having too many preset disasters is they will expand the legend, but for display purposes, you can modify the SUBSTITUTION (line 16 in @Resources\Includes\Disaster.inc) to handle any new disasters by adding another substitution pair "DISASTER":"#". The descriptions are substituted with numbers that refer to ico images in the Icon folder. You can use one of the existing numbers (say 3 since floods and landslides usually coincide) or create a new icon with a unique number.

pdc.Substitute="":"1","EARTHQUAKE":"1","CYCLONE":"2","FLOOD":"3","HIGHSURF":"4","MARINE":"5","STORM":"6","WINTER6":"6","TSUNAMI":"7","HIGHWIND":"8","TORNADO":"8","MANMADE":"9","DROUGHT":"10","VOLCANO":"11","WILDFIRE":"12","EXPLOSION":"12","BIOMEDICAL":"13","AVALANCHE":"14","EXTREMETEMPERATURE":"15","LANDSLIDE":"3"

I may find time to update the package, but not in the near future. :uhuh:
Matth

Post by Matth »

Awesome, that's a really quick reply. Thanks :17good