It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:43 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

Brian wrote: May 24th, 2020, 4:11 am While I haven't ran into this issue so I can't test it, I wonder if anyone has tried the ForceReload=1 on the parent webparser measure.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/webparser/#ForceReload

-Brian
I thought about using it actually, but went for the UserAgent/Header route instead and never got the chance to try it. I somehow doubt it would have worked, since as far as I could see, the issue persisted even after restarts, and in those moments WebParser "reloads" the page anyway (since it probably doesn't have it in its cache yet), isn't it?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Watch on YouTube to get a larger size.

Whether or not you check "Preserve Favorites website data" isn't important, you can uncheck that if you like. It only would matter if you had weather.com set as a "Favorite" in Internet Explorer, which is about as likely as hen's teeth.

After cleaning up with this, I would recommend restarting Rainmeter, so WebParser gets a fresh start.

And remember, friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

I have multiple reports on DA that confirm this in indeed the fix. It appears your suspicion about cookies is correct. Clearing the IE temp files only doesn't do it, you need to clear the cookies too.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: May 24th, 2020, 4:20 pm I have multiple reports on DA that confirms this in indeed the fix. It appears your suspicion about cookies is correct. Clearing the cache only doesn't do it, you need to clear the cookies too.
Good. I'm glad to hear that it looks like just using the tools that come with Windows, i.e. Control Panel, works for this. Whatever you think about CCleaner, I'm always happy to have a recommendation that doesn't include 3rd-party utilities.
NadirWe

Post by NadirWe »

thank you so much, you awesome peeps! deleting those pesky cookies and histories and whatnots worked!
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm Hi guys. The issue started to happen to me from yesterday, with the all JSON Weather.com based skins i had installed, including the morley's. The same was with my Rainformer Weather skin. The only thing that worked was location, everything else was empty whatever i did.
Compared the current JSON code of the site, but seems unchanged.
Also, some users of my suite reported the issue from yesterday.

Finally, after many tries to find out what's the cause of it, i scanned my PC with CCleaner and seems it SOLVED the issue. Now everything is working flawlessly from that very moment.
I also did a Registry scan.

Here are the settings i use in CCleaner:

This HELPED me so Thanks Pulsedriver :thumbup: :thumbup:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
gordonpm

Post by gordonpm »

Clearing IE settings/Cookies etc didn't change a thing for me. In fact I have the box ticked to clear them all on exit anyway.

Tried CC Cleaner too, no joy.

Still not working.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

the issue affected my machine several times up to now, and i figured out that deleting only cookies fix the issue, but i don't see a reason why not to delete all the IE data as most of us don't use the browser at all.

CLOSE RAINMETER before any of the methods.
1) An easy tutorial how to do it in Windows 10, without need for a 3rd party software:

Click "Open image in new tab" if click on the image doesn't enlarge it.

2) If 1st method doesn't work, try to do it with CCleaner (download):

3) If neither the 2nd method works, try to open the files location manually and delete all the files:

At the end, REFRESH RAINMETER at least once.
Sometimes you have to refresh it more than once to get it works again as it creates new cookies and temp files. Don't hesitate to repeat any of the procedures.
Last edited by pul53dr1v3r on May 27th, 2020, 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

ITS NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!!

The skin called Weather.com and the weather skin from the Gadgets collection stopped working again this afternoon - they were working just fine this morning. I tried to use the Internet Properties to delete the IE files and that did not work. I tried CCleaner the same way as I got it to fix last time and that did not work. I then tried to delete the files manually and some files were deleted but some I could not delete. I didn't get any error message but not all the file were deleted.

I then ran the weather skin called Yahoo.com and its running just fine.

I saw another post that said his skins were still not working after trying the posted methods.

So it seems there still is a problem with Weather.com based skins and I'm hoping a more permanent can be found.

Thanks,
Gerry
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

That worked. Thanks a lot.