It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:41 pm

Gnometer Weather Patch {Updated Jun 7, 2020}

Weather skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Gnometer Weather Patch {Updated Jun 7, 2020}

Post by eclectic-tech »

gnometerpatch.png
A "patch" rmskin that replaces only the Gnometer weather skins (5 variants), adds 'Gnometer\@Resources\WeatherIncludes' folder containing the new variables and measures, a context menu option in the skins to enter your location code, and access to edit the weather variables file via the 'Settings' skin.

NOTE: The original Gnometer Settings skin CAN now be used to open the weather variables file for editing LocationCode and Language settings.

To set your location, the skins have a Context Menu option to enter a code; toggle it from the context menu, click the box that appears, type/paste your weather code and press enter to set and refresh. To change other weather variables such as language, open the 'Settings' skin, click 'Weather', and edit the variables. Save and refresh.

EDIT V 2.0.0
Updated JSON weather files. Changed 'Settings|Weather' to open the weather variables file for editing. Removed dead links to version and manual.
Note: All weather variables are in '@Resources\WeatherIncludes\WeatherVariables.inc'

NOTE: THIS VERSION STOPPED WORKING JULY 29, 2020. NEW VERSION HERE: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35816
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Gnometer Weather Patch

Post by jsmorley »

Works great.

Folks need to be sure they first have the original Gnometer itself installed before applying this patch. You can get Gnometer by poiru at:

https://www.deviantart.com/poiru/art/Gnometer-1-3-0-3-182181512
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech, are you planning to update / patch illustra?

That's a really nice suite that I expect a bunch of folks use.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: January 21st, 2020, 3:00 am eclectic-tech, are you planning to update / patch illustra?

That's a really nice suite that I expect a bunch of folks use.
I have been testing a new skin and will be posting an updated suite (or at least a weather patch) in a few days.

Thanks for the reminder that I created too many weather skins ;-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 21st, 2020, 3:21 am I have been testing a new skin and will be posting an updated suite (or at least a weather patch) in a few days.

Thanks for the reminder that I created too many weather skins ;-)
Yeah, but we are getting good at fixing them... ;-)
Nightblade

Post by Nightblade »

Just a heads-up, a while back I created a fork of Gnometer on GitHub here with the aim of keeping updates in a central place since poiru isn't updating it anymore (he's aware of the fork and didn't object to the idea of it being the main repository).

Due to poor health I'm unable to update it regularly so if anyone would like to help out I would appreciate it!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nightblade wrote: January 21st, 2020, 5:39 am Just a heads-up, a while back I created a fork of Gnometer on GitHub here with the aim of keeping updates in a central place since poiru isn't updating it anymore (he's aware of the fork and didn't object to the idea of it being the main repository).

Due to poor health I'm unable to update it regularly so if anyone would like to help out I would appreciate it!
Didn't know that it had a fork! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you are not doing well right now. :(

I will look into the possible options, but I may not be able to do too much, right now...
Perhaps another member will look into it before me :Whistle
Sketchs

Post by Sketchs »

Thanks for this! But anyway to get it to change to Celsius? I put in my code but it is showing Fahrenheit.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sketchs wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:32 am Thanks for this! But anyway to get it to change to Celsius? I put in my code but it is showing Fahrenheit.
Updated the patch to allow Fahrenheit/Celsius selection from the context menu.

Download the updated patch from the first post
Sketchs

Re: Gnometer Weather Patch {Updated Jan 29}

Post by Sketchs »

Works perfectly. You're my hero