It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:27 am

Rainformer 3.1 HWiNFO Edition

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
pul53dr1v3r

Re: Rainformer 2.4 HWiNFO Edition (formerly illustro Pulsar)

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

balala wrote: October 14th, 2019, 5:32 pm There are more approaches, but probably the most accurate is this:
(Beginning and end here).
Yes, and in my opinion it would be the best way to calculate it (rise=when the upper limb appears; set=when the upper limb disappears). But i'm just making a guess what causes the deviations. Found (only) one site where the times are equal to these in the skin.
Not sure has copyright anything to do with it because many of them have different times.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pul53dr1v3r wrote: October 14th, 2019, 7:17 pm But i'm just making a guess what causes the deviations.
The algorithms used are a little bit different, this probably give a small difference between the results. Not to important in my opinion. Doesn't matter too much if the age of the Moon is 15.6 or 15.8 days.
My opinion. However I don't dare to polish more the Moon.lua, to increase the accuracy of the calculation, especially because anyway you won't get a too important difference, but probably the script file would be far too complicated. Doesn't worth.
And one more: Moon.lua isn't my script. I also got it probably here on forum.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala, Pul53dr1v3r.
Thank you for response/discussion.

I now got a glimpse of the complexity of astronomical calculations. And also, I am practically satisfied with the current result from SunMoon.ini and moon.lua using my non-logical workaround as ConvertBang('Full', truephase(k1,0.5)+(timeZone/24)).

So, it is almost alright for me. I want to close this request. Maybe this request/query was in wrong thread. Sorry, Pul53dr1v3r and thanks a lot.

By the way, now I am enjoying masking moon image with moon shape using Container option, really fun.
Untitled-1.jpg
(displayed moon age is "arbitrary", not real)

IMO, there are no such desktop tools which give us this sort of fun/creativity other than Rainmeter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: October 14th, 2019, 11:19 pm I now got a glimpse of the complexity of astronomical calculations. And also, I am practically satisfied with the current result from SunMoon.ini and moon.lua using my non-logical workaround as ConvertBang('Full', truephase(k1,0.5)+(timeZone/24)).
Have you modified the code of the Moon.lua script this way? Even if in your case this helps and you get better result, I'm not sure this will do same way for everyone. I suppose that depending on the longitude of the location, this might not help enough. Anyway, will test it a little bit later.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Yes, I have modified moon.lua this way, added time zone (as day unit) to the moon.lua outputs of several moon pahse time variables.

As I said, it is just my "non-logical" workaround. Because, I noticed that the deviation in moon phase time between the moon.lua result and astronomical site is alomost identical with my time zone (+9). But I don't know why. :-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: October 16th, 2019, 4:54 am Yes, I have modified moon.lua this way, added time zone (as day unit) to the moon.lua outputs of several moon pahse time variables.

As I said, it is just my "non-logical" workaround. Because, I noticed that the deviation in moon phase time between the moon.lua result and astronomical site is alomost identical with my time zone (+9). But I don't know why. :-)
Ok, will test this a little bit later today.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: October 16th, 2019, 4:54 am Yes, I have modified moon.lua this way, added time zone (as day unit) to the moon.lua outputs of several moon pahse time variables.

To be honest I doubt this would have any influence, because right now for me the value returned by the truephase(k1,0.5) function is 2458770.38... and the value of (timeZone/24) is 0.125. Too small to count.
And one more question: if you've added the (timeZone/24) into the ConvertBang function which calculates the Full Moon, why haven't you added it as well into the ConvertBangs functions used to calculate last New Moon, First quarter, Third quarter and next New Moon?
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Yes, very strange, but the unit of the output from turephase() is Julian Date? Anyway, the outputs from modified moon.lua seem to be relevant for me...don't know why. :-)

I also tried modification to function ConvertBang(VarName, j). And result is almost equal to that of previous modification to function phasehunt(sdate). See the attachment.
(Small difference between Variance1 and Variance2 seems to be caused by the interval of time of execute, maybe)
Untitled.png
Answer to your second question. ConvertBang('Full', truephase(k1,0.5)+(timeZone/24)) is an example for omission. I have modified actually all 5 lines as shown in above attachment. Sorry for my lame expression.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm I also tried modification to function ConvertBang(VarName, j). And result is almost equal to that of previous modification to function phasehunt(sdate). See the attachment.
(Small difference between Variance1 and Variance2 seems to be caused by the interval of time of execute, maybe)
Untitled.png
Is it alright now?
mak_kawa wrote: October 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm Answer to your second question. ConvertBang('Full', truephase(k1,0.5)+(timeZone/24)) is an example for omission. I have modified actually all 5 lines as shown in above attachment. Sorry for my lame expression.
No need to apologize. I just thought you've forgot to make all updates, that's why I asked.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Yes, I am alright with these results. A bit unclear feeling in my mind, but I put it in the corner of my mind.

I am now very happy with the SunMoon skin and enjoying waxing/waning real moon image on my desktop. Thanks balala and Pul53dr1v3r. :-)