It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:20 am

illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

Post by eclectic-tech »

The last skin I wanted to add was a reader that was fairly easy to edit.
Todays' update adds readers for Rainmeter Forums, Google News, LifeHacker, and ARS Technica.
They are basically the same skins with the only differences being the target site, Feed URL, and sometimes the RegExp capture variable, so they should be fairly easy to modify for other RSS feeds.
They offer options to show 5 or 10 items.
The bottom bar width will slowly shrink and then return to full width when the webparser updates.

I simplified and unified the code for all the skins.
The custom context menus were getting way too busy and messy :x
Now only specific skin actions are in custom context menus.

All scaling is only done in the Options skin.

Take the latest version for a spin! :sly:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 1st, 2018, 8:06 pm The last skin I wanted to add was a reader that was fairly easy to edit.
Todays' update adds readers for Rainmeter Forums, Google News, LifeHacker, and ARS Technica.
They are basically the same skins with the only differences being the target site, Feed URL, and sometimes the RegExp capture variable, so they should be fairly easy to modify for other RSS feeds.
They offer options to show 5 or 10 items.
The bottom bar width will slowly shrink and then return to full width when the webparser updates.

I simplified and unified the code for all the skins.
The custom context menus were getting way too busy and messy :x
Now only specific skin actions are in custom context menus.

All scaling is only done in the Options skin.

Take the latest version for a spin! :sly:
I'm not home yet so can't test it, but I want to ask if you can log in to some Google's API to get relevant news.... Is that possible with your skin or is just parsing stuff from the standard URL?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kyriakos876 wrote: November 1st, 2018, 8:24 pm I'm not home yet so can't test it, but I want to ask if you can log in to some Google's API to get relevant news.... Is that possible with your skin or is just parsing stuff from the standard URL?
Google deprecated it's RSS feed at the end of 2017. This skin is parsing this URL: https://news.google.com/news/rss/search/section/q/top?ned=us&gl=US&hl=en
It is a variation of a link I found in a post in the Google Forum that searched by subjects; I just modified it to show Top Stories.

There are ways to create customized 'Alerts' in Google (they call it 'for you'), and choose RSS as the format, but I have not been able to locate a URL for the alert that can be parsed. :x

If I find a way I'll let you know. Right now, I do not think you can get access to a customized alert that can be parsed in Rainmeter. :)
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 1st, 2018, 9:16 pm Google deprecated it's RSS feed at the end of 2017. This skin is parsing this URL: https://news.google.com/news/rss/search/section/q/top?ned=us&gl=US&hl=en
It is a variation of a link I found in a post in the Google Forum that searched by subjects; I just modified it to show Top Stories.

There are ways to create customized 'Alerts' in Google (they call it 'for you'), and choose RSS as the format, but I have not been able to locate a URL for the alert that can be parsed. :x

If I find a way I'll let you know. Right now, I do not think you can get access to a customized alert that can be parsed in Rainmeter. :)
Damn big companies... they said something like "not many people were using the RSS" so they cut it off, yet they go ahead and make a 128MB app for your android that converts your face to an emoji that nobody uses. Not even kids. Ranting aside, do let me know if you find anything :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

illustra V 1.2018.11.05 Update

Reduced basic illustra package by removing advanced Readers skins
Clock, Recycle, Disks, System, Network, Goggle Mail, Google Search, Bing Search, DuckDuckGo Search, and Launcher included :D

Readers, Extended Weather w/3 Day Forecast, and World Time packages are available as Add-Ons to the illustra suite of skins 8-)

Those packages can be installed as stand alone skins
If you have illustra installed, they will be merged into the illustra suite
The Add-On package will not modify any existing illustra skins

Enjoy! :welcome:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think you have an issue with two meters that overlap and both have tooltips on them in the 3-day weather skin.

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: November 5th, 2018, 6:33 pm I think you have an issue with two meters that overlap and both have tooltips on them in the 3-day weather skin.

1.jpg
Oops! :oops:

I was so focused on getting a version with some translations, I overlooked that... Will update the package later this afternoon.

Thanks for catching that :welcome:
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Any chance for a Now Playing skin? Thanks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Gregory2001 wrote: November 8th, 2018, 4:46 pm Any chance for a Now Playing skin? Thanks.
That may be something I will code as an add on to the basic suite; it is not difficult since I have the basic skin template, but I just need to find the time. O.O

Keep reminding me if you don't see something fairly soon :D

Thanks for the nudge! :great:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Gregory2001 wrote: November 8th, 2018, 4:46 pm Any chance for a Now Playing skin? Thanks.
As requested:
NowPlaying skin
and
WebNowPlaying skin
have been released on My DeviantArt site as AddOns to the illustra suite.

Credits (just in case people forget whose stuff I use :sly: )
tjhrulz for WebNowPlaying plugin
brian for syscolor plugin