It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:18 am

illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
cnone

Re: illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:The background height variable is a complicated equation that you'll need to change. Go to illustro Gadgets\@Resources\Variables\DrivesMeterVariables.inc and you'll find it. You'll want to specifically look at the diskChunkY variable, for that is what defines how tall each disk section is.

Play with those until you get the results you want. I'm not at my PC so I can't test, but I think if you change diskChunkY to ((#rowYOffset# * 2) + 1), it should do the trick.
Thanks for the reply.

I've edited the files and now it looks like what I wanted. A minimal problem though: the overall skin edge shifted to the left by 1 or 2 (or maybe 3) pixel i think.
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:The background height variable is a complicated equation that you'll need to change. Go to illustro Gadgets\@Resources\Variables\DrivesMeterVariables.inc and you'll find it. You'll want to specifically look at the diskChunkY variable, for that is what defines how tall each disk section is.

Play with those until you get the results you want. I'm not at my PC so I can't test, but I think if you change diskChunkY to ((#rowYOffset# * 2) + 1), it should do the trick.

Here a ss:
Skins snapped at the right end of the screen. If snapped to the left there is no problem like this.
cnone

Post by cnone »

cnone wrote:Here a ss:
Skins snapped at the right end of the screen. If snapped to the left there is no problem like this.
My bad!

I started from scratch with the default skin and this time deleted the lines step by step and refreshed the skin, dragged around to see if it is still working as it should be and ta daaaa :)

Somehow deleted a irrelevant line i guess. And now it is PERFECT, at least for me :D

Thank you again for this great suite and your patient support...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Glad you got it working! I really didn't appreciate just how many people still use these gadgets. Maybe, just MAYBE, I'll port ModernGadgets to illustro's style and release it as a 2.0 for illustro Gadgets. I wanted to abandon this project, but you might have just revived it for a while.

Hope you enjoy it!
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:Glad you got it working! I really didn't appreciate just how many people still use these gadgets. Maybe, just MAYBE, I'll port ModernGadgets to illustro's style and release it as a 2.0 for illustro Gadgets. I wanted to abandon this project, but you might have just revived it for a while.

Hope you enjoy it!
This! This is music to my ears! Of course people still using because illustro is a very good suite and yours is an addition none should miss. Hope you find time and motivation to portmodern gadgets functionality to illustro gadgets. Just a little request in advance: please add functionality to remove the read write speeds from drive meter :D

Looking forward to see this updated.

Thank you again. :17good
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

So it’s actually going to be easier than I thought. This is the result of five minutes (yes, FIVE MINUTES) of work. It’ll definitely be possible to do it.
149AC1B9-726A-4781-8DD6-3C4C30C624FD.jpeg
Just need to do a bit of tweaking and it’ll be all set. I’m so glad that I made everything easily changeable!
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:So it’s actually going to be easier than I thought. This is the result of five minutes (yes, FIVE MINUTES) of work. It’ll definitely be possible to do it.

Just need to do a bit of tweaking and it’ll be all set. I’m so glad that I made everything easily changeable!
OH!!!!
You are really awesome mate! I am looking forward to see the disk meters in action :D
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:So it’s actually going to be easier than I thought. This is the result of five minutes (yes, FIVE MINUTES) of work. It’ll definitely be possible to do it.

Don't want to stress you but can't beat my excitement, any progress on this?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

cnone wrote:Don't want to stress you but can't beat my excitement, any progress on this?
Patience is a virtue. ;-)

I’ll be updating the code on GitHub as I go. It will take a while though, because I do have a life and don’t have very much free time at the moment. If you want to see the progress, click the GitHub link in my signature and look at the illustro Gadgets Repository.

Right now though, all of the changes are still local on my computer, so you won’t see any of the changes until I push it to GitHub’s servers later today.
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:Patience is a virtue. ;-)

I’ll be updating the code on GitHub as I go. It will take a while though, because I do have a life and don’t have very much free time at the moment. If you want to see the progress, click the GitHub link in my signature and look at the illustro Gadgets Repository.

Right now though, all of the changes are still local on my computer, so you won’t see any of the changes until I push it to GitHub’s servers later today.
That's for sure but can't help myself about the excitement :D Sorry for impatience. I will check it out daily then.

Thanks and have a nice day sir :)