It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:32 am

Slideshow 5

Skins with graphics and animations
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Slideshow 5

Post by balala »

kaptainkirk10 wrote:great project :thumbup: Is there a way to increase the maximized meter display size?
Here is the promised solution:
  • Remove the Background option of the [Rainmeter] section. Also add the SkinWidth=(146+200*#Dim#) and SkinHeight=(95+150*#Dim#) options to the same [Rainmeter] section.
  • Add the following meter, before [MeterImage1] (it's important to add it before [MeterImage1]):

Code: Select all

[MeterBackground]
    Meter=Shape
    X=1
    Y=1
    Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(123+200*#Dim#),(93+150*#Dim#),(3+2*(#Dim#>0)) | Extend FillStroke
    FillStroke=Fill Color 0,0,0,120 | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 227,248,251,200
    UpdateDivider=-1
  • Replace the old [PopUpImageName] option with the following one:

[PopUpImageName]
    Meter=Shape
    X=(1+(([MeterBackground:W]-[PopUpImageName:W])/2))
    Y=(68+147*#Dim#)
    Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(113+200*#Dim#),22,3 | Extend FillStroke
    FillStroke=Fill Color 0,0,0,120 | StrokeWidth 1 | Stroke Color 227,248,251,200
    DynamicVariables=1
  • Modify the following options, as it follows (leave untouched the unmentioned options):

[MeterMenu]
    ImageName=#@#Buttons\Menu0.png
    X=(125+200*#Dim#)

[MeterPlus]
    ButtonImage=#@#Buttons\Plus0.png
    ButtonCommand=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Dim "((#Dim#+1)%5)" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!Refresh]
In plus, if you do all these updates, you can completely remove the following files, as you don't need them any more:
  • @Resources\Images\BackgroundImgName0.png
  • @Resources\Images\BackgroundImgName1.png
  • @Resources\Images\Frame0.png
  • @Resources\Buttons\Menu1.png
Now you can use five sizes, from the old smallest one, up to a very large one. You can change the size clicking to the Plus button on the right side menu (the second button of that menu). When you click this button, the value of the Dim variable within the @Resources\Include\Settings.inc file is changed with a step of 1. Manually you also could use fractional values (getting even more sizes), but it would be a bit more complicated to modify the Settings skin, to can handle fractional values.
Probably sooner or later I'll publish these modifications as a new version of the skin, but for now you can use all these, to not have to wait until this new release will come out.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I forgot, but one more: add the [!UpdateMeter "PopupImageName"] bang to the MouseOverAction option of the [Rainmeter] section.
For sure this solution is not yet a perfect one, I'll keep working to polish it a bit more.
kaptainkirk10

Post by kaptainkirk10 »

I am having a blast playing with this skin; thanks again for your time that you have invested and quick response :cheers:

Some background on how I am using this skin; mostly as a picture frame while Karaoke lyrics are on another screen :D
[Indent][/Indent]-Running 7 instances of Slideshow5
[Indent][Indent][/Indent][/Indent]-I disable (;) the Meters backgrounds so just the borderless images are showing
[Indent][Indent][/Indent][/Indent]-1 main image viewer with the “dim=5” in the center of the display
[Indent][Indent][/Indent][/Indent]-3 smaller image viewers in a column to the left with the “dim=1”
[Indent][Indent][/Indent][/Indent]-3 smaller image viewers in a column to the right with the “dim=1”
[Indent][/Indent]-Don’t have any icons on my desktop; I hide the Recycle Bin
[Indent][/Indent]-Launch everything from the Taskbar or Start Menu
[Indent][/Indent]-Automatically hide the Taskbar (Positon on Top)
[Indent][/Indent]-Running a utility called “AutoHideMouseCursor 2.18” set to hide after 2 seconds of inactivity
[Indent][/Indent]-Running a see-through mouse cursor theme called “Crystal Clear v3.1”
[Indent][/Indent]-Set Windows Desktop background to a neutral high resolution patterned picture
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

This means you're using that screen just for that, right?
However, I'm not sure why have to use that see-through mouse cursor theme (Crystal Clear v3.1), if anyway you're hiding the cursor with AutoHideMouseCursor 2.18. But that depends on your preferences (or maybe on your needs?).
Hilary Querrien

Post by Hilary Querrien »

Hi. This is a lovely skin, thank you.

Couple of questions:

1 - The buttons at the right seem to be like the old windows gadget buttons and seem a little pointless now
2 - I have this currently at the bottom right of my screen and then half the configuration screen disappears. But when I move that it removes the tool. Can this be changed?

xxx

Hil
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hilary Querrien wrote:Hi. This is a lovely skin,
Thanks.
Hilary Querrien wrote:1 - The buttons at the right seem to be like the old windows gadget buttons and seem a little pointless now
They was saved a few years ago and I reused them. I am working on a newer version of this skin (in fact on a skins suite, which will include a newer version of this skin, too), which won't use any more those buttons. I'm not sure yet when it'll be ready, but I hope soon. Stay tuned if you're interested....
Hilary Querrien wrote:2 - I have this currently at the bottom right of my screen and then half the configuration screen disappears. But when I move that it removes the tool. Can this be changed?
Not sure I understood the essence: what the "configuration screen" and the "tool" are? And how does it disappear? Eventually a screenshot would be useful.
Hilary Querrien

*blush* Sorry, I meant the window that pops up when you click the spanner that says 'slideshow settings' wo you can say where the slideshow pictures are. If you move that window, then when you close it with ok or cancel you find the slideshow window has moved with it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hilary Querrien wrote:*blush* Sorry, I meant the window that pops up when you click the spanner that says 'slideshow settings' wo you can say where the slideshow pictures are. If you move that window, then when you close it with ok or cancel you find the slideshow window has moved with it.
The two skins (Normal.ini and Settings.ini) are placed into the same config (the same folder). Rainmeter keeps track of the position of a skin, based on its config (because you can't load more skins from a single config in the same time). This means that if you have more skins in a config (like in this case) doesn't matter which one you're loading, they are placed into the same position.
As a solution, you could move the Settings.ini into a subfolder of the Slideshow folder (config). Create a Settings subfolder into the Slideshow config and move the Settings.ini there. Make a refresh all (right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Refresh all).
Now you have to make a few modifications into the code of Normal.ini and Settings.ini.
Into the Normal.ini, replace the ButtonCommand option of the [MeterSet] meter with the following one: ButtonCommand=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTCONFIG#[color=#FF0000]\Settings[/color]" "Settings.ini"] (I marked red the change).
In the Settings.ini replace the [!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTCONFIG#" "Normal.ini"] bang in the LeftMouseUpAction options of both meters, [MeterButtonOK] and [MeterButtonCancel], with [!DeactivateConfig]:

[MeterButtonOK]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Path "#Path#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Subfold "#Subfold#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ChangeTime "#ChangeTime#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables EffectDuration "#EffectDuration#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Effect "#Effect#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ShowImgName "#ShowImgName#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ShowExtension "#ShowExtension#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables ShowGloss "#ShowGloss#" "#@#Include\Settings.inc"][!DeactivateConfig]

[MeterButtonCancel]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!DeactivateConfig]
After these changes, you can place any of those skins independently from the other.
Hilary Querrien

Oh, thank you!

I had to move the browse.ini into settings as well or browsing for a new folder didn't work, but it's all great now. Thank you!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hilary Querrien wrote:I had to move the browse.ini into settings as well or browsing for a new folder didn't work,
Yep, you're right, I forgot to mention this, too. But I'm glad you've succeeded figuring out this, too.