It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:15 am

Gadwin Printscreen

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
Jkon

Gadwin Printscreen

Post by Jkon »

Just a quick tip,this is a great little free screen capture utility.Lightweight,very good quality images.Isn't loaded with a bunch of unnecessary crap,just the right amount of options.Doesn't even bug you to buy the professional version or try to load insanely stupid tool bars in your browser,what more can i say,brilliant.http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Seahorse

Re: Gadwin Printscreen

Post by Seahorse »

Vista & Windows 7 comes with the snipping tool (Winkey Snip) which does this admirably... :D
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Yes I agree,it does, and the highlighter tool can be handy but I just find gadwin seems to fit my needs a little better.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Gadwin Printscreen is pretty nice. I used it for years before switching to FastStone Capture 5.3 (the last freeware portable version).
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

I've been using PicPick for a while but I have to admit Gadwin produces cleaner images (pls. open the attached file for a proper comparison).

Check the text at high magnification and you'll see how much cleaner Gadwin is. I guess this would be important if you were doing screenshots for posting skins on DA or Customise.org. I know I've had to tidy up screenshots before posting in the past. If anyone has anything that produces even cleaner images I'd be interested to hear about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

I think I prefer gadwin to faststone because of it's simplicity.I find that more often then not,when modifying a screen shot,I end up opening it in a proper image manipulation program regardless of how many options the capture software seems to have.So as basic as gadwin is and the high quality of the image output,it suits my needs.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Somehow I missed reading your post until now, Jkon, but I do the same when it comes to editing a screen shot. I played around with FastStone's little editor a few times when I first switched, but I haven't looked at it since. I generally leave it set so that when I tap PrtScrn, a BMP of my full desktop is auto named and saved in a "Screen Captures" folder and I deal with the images later on with other software.