It is currently March 19th, 2024, 10:07 am

Screenshot Captor from Donationcoder.com

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
sgtevmckay

Screenshot Captor from Donationcoder.com

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hello folks

I am sure we drive some of our members crazy when we ask for a screenshot.
Some of you may not have screenshot software, so I will make my recommendation.

I use Screenshot Captor from the folks over at donationcoder.com.

It is what they call Donationware, but in essence is freeware, with a worth wild hoop to dance through.
There is not one of my screenshots that was not taken with Screenshot Captor.

Mouser, the Screenshot Captor developer, has just recently had a new release, and he has filled me in on some of the new features.
Here is a short list:
  • # Optimized for taking lots of screenshots with minimal intervention.
    # Smart autonaming of files, and ability to embed textual comments in files.
    # Good multi-monitor support.
    # Highly configurable to make it work the way you want it to; stays out of your way in the system tray.
    # Lots of capture modes: Multimon (multiple monitors), Desktop, Active Window, Region, Windows Object. Each mode has a hotkey for quick access.
    # Unique Cool Effects, including automatic active window enhancement (see pictures below).
    # Unsurpassed support for 3rd party user configurable tools, including file browsers and image editors; extend the program to do whatever you need by interfacing it with other programs.
    # Slimline sidebar file browser provides full shell operations.
    # Optional automatic image file versioning.
    # Seamless integration with Unicode Image Maker tool.
    # - Automatically finds boundaries of non-rectangular/themed windows.
    # - Autoscroll capture for windows too big for screen.
    # - Deluxe thumbnail maker.
    # - Quick PostCapture PopUp Dialog.
    # - Quick Screenshot Emailer Menu.
I have been using Screenshot Captor for over a year, and I still have not found out the full capabilities of this software.
Do not be swayed by the statement, I jumped on and started working with it straight away, so it is easy to use for the first timer, and has great tools for the advanced user.
Just wait to see how many different saving formats are available.
There are so many tools, and some you can not find in any other single open source version

No; Screenshot Captor is not the only one, it may not even be the best, but it is what I recommend to everyone.

There is a slight catch, in that you need to register and get a free code to unlock. This does not unlock a test version, but the full version. The folks at Donationcoder.com believe in this. You will have to register the Screenshot Captor twice, but after that it is your.

Want to get a look at what it can do, get full details and get a download, check here:
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/index.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently communicated with Mouser and he says he is impressed with how our community has progressed and wishes us all the best of luck from the folks at Donationcoder.com
taneth111

Re: Screenshot Captor from Donationcoder.com

Post by taneth111 »

Vista also comes with a snipping tool built in that works perfectly fine, and you can also get Lightscreen as another alternative that doesn't leave any of the DonationCoder.com key data everywhere.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

taneth111 wrote:Vista also comes with a snipping tool built in that works perfectly fine, and you can also get Lightscreen as another alternative that doesn't leave any of the DonationCoder.com key data everywhere.
The snipping tool in Vista / Seven is actually pretty good.
bhadkow

Post by bhadkow »

jsmorley wrote: The snipping tool in Vista / Seven is actually pretty good.

agree... :D
iUnify

Post by iUnify »

There is a cool gadget for the sidebar that works alright too... and Camtasia... that's good for other stuff as well.