It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:10 am

Soluto

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
DumbDude1994

Soluto

Post by DumbDude1994 »

It analyzes your startup and can delay programs to startup. Before I downloaded it my startup took 2 min 3 sec and now I'm down to 57 sec.
Soluto
smurfier

Re: Soluto

Post by smurfier »

I have soluto too. Didn't tell me much that I didn't know already. Also, you have to have an active internet connection in order to use it.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
DumbDude1994

Post by DumbDude1994 »

Yeah I like to scratch the internet connection thing off because its still beta. But yes it doesn't tell you much if your good with computers, and I'm not saying I'm not, but if I'm helping someone make their computer faster it's easier to download this than explain everything to someone. And there is no possible way of knowing what every program does.
heath28m

Post by heath28m »

Not to bag on development or anything.. BUT I must say that this application fails to tell you how much time it adds to your startup .. Ever notice that?

NOW for the best part.. even after they claimed they fixed the bugs.. the thing still is a nightmare to remove from your system.. I spent a day removing and searching my registry manually to remove it and get the boot speed back in my system.. It is my opinion that a program of this sort should be able to be turned off or on.. and used as needed.. not something that is there to stay for all time.. I actually improved my boot times by removing it..

Then I did some lingering and reading/lurking.. at their forums and read some of the support responses.. I was not very impressed.. Looks like a good face for a program.. but some serious issues throughout..

Personally I would not recommend it at this point in time.. maybe one day when they start listening to what the customer wants.. and realizing what is needed .. Versus ' All your computer belong to us.. OBEY..' mentality... With some ACTUAL fix for un-installing it..

Oh yeah and it said that WMP Network Sharing was slowing me down.. Then showed services that can be streamlined as ALL being unchang-able.. but as anyone knows .. you can streamline these services to what you require and need.. even in Windows 7 Ultimate..

Anyone else follow me here?.. why that I am not liking the effect of the program or direction it would be going.. I can get the programs that aided me in removing the thing from my system.. to actually help with the only area it seemed to be able to do anything with.. Very serious area for a program who is supposed to be about it..

That aside I wish development of it the best in fixing the objective and problematic issues which it is facing at this point in time..not good to show right out of the box..
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

heath28m

Post by heath28m »

Well as far as recommended programs are concerned.. for Windows 7 Ultimate/XP SP3, I would recommend...

Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager
WinASO Registry Optimizer
Lavalys Everest
The Ultimate Troubleshooter insight to Services..

Yamicsoft will cover everything, including getting control over Scheduled Tasks. Control over ALL forms of startup programs, including the option to delay start them- I think ( which also exists within Windows ' Services ' Properties ). Also have that one in archive as well..Really great program.. you do have to have some knowledge about systems before adjusting some settings.. but I wouldn't call it a good program if it didn't cover the bases.

Very advisable to research services before optimizing your system.. as each item will relate to your computer usage per individual.. Personally though I keep my startup programs to a minimum of only those which must run..

I honestly only have Windows 7 Manager and WinASO around as startup management tools.. and of course 'Services' in Windows.. The others I have used for it in the past.. but I do not use them now on this system.. Everest however is more of a hardware info tool.. but technically covers another area.. and I do use it..but rarely..

EDIT: Got a notification there was a reply and wasn't but I would like o add that for those of you with Windows 7, ..
You can also hit the Windows Key.. type performance, then select Performance Information and Tools.. This window will then open and you will have an Advanced Tools Link on the left.. At the bottom of that screen will be a 'Generate a System Health Report' link.. This will create a window which will scan for issues that you can resolve to get better performance from your system.. with help and instructions on what to do.. ( Also there may be an easier way to get there.. LOL.. but this is how I did .. )