It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:32 pm

Visual Styles for Vista

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
Raijian

Visual Styles for Vista

Post by Raijian »

I'm looking for a program to apply custom visual styles for Vista32. I'm so used to using Style XP, I even downloaded it and then realised that I'm not using Windows XP anymore haha.

So, does anyone know an easy to use program to replace this horrible default visual style? It doesn't go with rainmeter at all, and it kind of ruins the entire experience lol.

Edit: I just manually patched the three files including uxtheme.dll so I can use custom styles. That was an annoying process. All I need now Is a recommendation for a good program!
Last edited by Chewtoy on May 20th, 2010, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the more appropriate place.
UNleash

Re: Visual Styles for Vista

Post by UNleash »

If you patched these 3 things you don't need a program.
Just download a skin from deviantart or customize.org and put it into the theme folder and you're done.
Raijian

Post by Raijian »

Thanks man, also thank you for moving the topic, couldn't find the appropriate section.

I got it working, I didn't want full themes, so I couldn't use the Vista theme browser so I downloaded something Utilities (can't remember now, just uninstalled it haha) just so I could apply a visual style. Worked great though lol.

Cheers,
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

You can apply a visual style without the theme using the Windows utilities. Just go into where you placed the style and double click on the visual style file and not the theme file. You may to apply it once there, and then open that dialog again through Persoanlize>Window Color and Appearance>Open classic appearance properties for more color options. They're all named Aero so you'll have to just keeping picking until you find the right one.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Raijian

Post by Raijian »

Oh, thanks, didn't know that.
TheAslan

Post by TheAslan »

TuneUp Utilities os a very great softaware if you want to install new themes in your machine, a worth of try!