It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:49 pm

Gaia10

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
bendenfield

Gaia10

Post by bendenfield »

The older ones of you might already know this. Personally, I discovered it only a few months ago, but I was so much overwhelmed that I decided to take part in the Gaia10 project.
gaia10us-Group on deviantART wrote:Climate change and the conservation of our planet is one of the most important issues facing us today. Inspired by Live:Earth, a group of Customize.org members tried to find a way of contributing their own part. But how could a website about desktop customization help to combat global warming?

The overwhelming majority of scientists agree that human activity is responsible for changing the climate. Although a majoritiy of co2 emission is produced by industry, private households add significantly to the problem by using multiple fridges, televisions, cars and - last but not least - personal computers. So what can we do to support the movement? With this suite, we want to raise awareness for the issue and remind users of nature and its beauty. To remind you of shutting down your computer at night if you don´t need it. To turn your gadgets off instead of having them on standby. With this voluminous release of skins for Windows XP and OS X we want to bring attention to the topic in the skinning community and hope to make you think more about the issue and your own ecological footprint.

We hope this project will reach a lot of people. If you want to help us by writing an article, blog entry or a interview feel free to contact us! Enjoy the exhibition!
So. I am quite impressed by this year's design.

Check it all out on Gaia10.us

They also have a forum which can be accessed from their homepage. There you can ask wether you can take part and how.

Links: