It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:58 pm

Help wanted! Does anyone have a Surface Pro X ??

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Help wanted! Does anyone have a Surface Pro X ??

Post by SilverAzide »

If anyone has -- or has access to -- a Microsoft Surface Pro X tablet, could you run the following PowerShell command and post the output here?

Code: Select all

(Get-ComputerInfo).CsProcessors
Thank you!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help wanted! Does anyone have a Surface Pro X ??

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: August 16th, 2021, 1:18 am If anyone has -- or has access to -- a Microsoft Surface Pro X tablet, could you run the following PowerShell command and post the output here?

Code: Select all

(Get-ComputerInfo).CsProcessors
Thank you!
Not sure if this is going to help or not, since the user might be a casual one, but the OP in the thread here seems to have such a device. Maybe you can PM him or ask him to run this snippet for you and share the result. If he'll answer, that is. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: August 25th, 2021, 11:33 am Not sure if this is going to help or not, since the user might be a casual one, but the OP in the thread here seems to have such a device. Maybe you can PM him or ask him to run this snippet for you and share the result. If he'll answer, that is. :confused:
Oh, yes, good catch! Thanks! His thread looks rather ominous, tho... I thought the Surface Pro X ran Windows. It's definitely an ARM processor, but I thought it would at least run Rainmeter and other Win apps.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: August 25th, 2021, 11:49 am Oh, yes, good catch! Thanks! His thread looks rather ominous, tho... I thought the Surface Pro X ran Windows. It's definitely an ARM processor, but I thought it would at least run Rainmeter and other Win apps.
Yeah, well, it appears it would only run Rainmeter through either some adapted fork of it, or through some kind of emulation if it's "enrolled in the Windows Insider program", according to this and this. I'm not sure what that means, considering Rainmeter extensively uses the Windows APIs in its operations and being enrolled in the Windows Insider program is something I don't know, but maybe Windows 11 addresses this better than Windows 10 (though Microsoft being Microsoft I wouldn't bet on it)... :confused:

In other words, unless we talk about a very recent Windows version (which might or might not support "some" features for "some" programs), the safest way to generalize this would be to take jsmorley's statements in that thread as the "current status" of Rainmeter being supported (or rather not) on such a device, at least for most people. :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

Here is the code on my SurfaceProX:

Name : Microsoft SQ2 @ 3.15 GHz
Manufacturer : Qualcomm Technologies Inc
Description : ARMv8 (64-bit) Family 8 Model 805 Revision D0E
Architecture : 12
AddressWidth : 64
DataWidth : 64
MaxClockSpeed : 3148
CurrentClockSpeed : 3148
NumberOfCores : 8
NumberOfLogicalProcessors : 8
ProcessorID : 0000000000000000
SocketDesignation : Qualcomm
ProcessorType : CentralProcessor
Role : CPU
CpuStatus : Enabled
Availability : RunningOrFullPower
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Duffy wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 8:54 pm Here is the code on my SurfaceProX:
Thank you!!