It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:44 am

Minimizing side docks in Gimp?

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
sgtevmckay

Re: Minimizing side docks in Gimp?

Post by sgtevmckay »

Jkon wrote:Anybobdy know if it's possible to lock the side docks to the main work screen in gimp so as when you minimize to task bar the whole lot goes instead of having to drag the docks off screen.They constantly get in the way when testing images in skins.
While the focus is on the center/Main window....hit tab
This will at least minimize the 2 side bars
codybear

Post by codybear »

You could use AutoHotkey and have it hide the windows when minimized and unhide when maximized...
I'm currently working on a script for this for myself...
I will post it when I get the kinks worked out.
codybear

Post by codybear »

codybear wrote:You could use AutoHotkey and have it hide the windows when minimized and unhide when maximized...
I'm currently working on a script for this for myself...
I will post it when I get the kinks worked out.
If you go here to the autohotkey forum: http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65504
I have posted my extremely quick and dirty script to hide the side windows while minimized and when maximized it will dock the toolbox window to the left side of the screen and the layers,etc window to the right side of the screen and the main window in the middle in the remaining space available.

It may need some editing depending on what OS (I have 64bit win7 so the run command is pointed towards the x86 program files, if you have a 32bit os you will need to adjust that). Hopefully a more experienced programmer with more time will run with the idea and enhance the script as it does what I need for the time being and don't really have time to get too into a project like that.