It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:46 pm

Yandex Browser Version 15.4.2272.3649 beta

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Yandex Browser Version 15.4.2272.3649 beta

Post by eclectic-tech »

Been trying out the beta 'transparent interface' Yandex browser, and would suggest you give it a test drive!

It's been a smooth ride so far, and it am may soon replace Chrome as my default browser!

Customizable Startup Tableau Page:
moshi

Re: Yandex Browser Version 15.4.2272.3649 beta

Post by moshi »

Yandex.Browser is my default browser. i can't stand the tabs at the bottom though.
so for me it is: Hamburger menu -> Advanced -> Restart in classic interface
(there are also more features in classic interface as far as i can tell)

the Android version is also very nice and i love the syncing features.
unfortunately the iPad version is a little buggy, but that might be better on newer models than my iPad 2.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

moshi wrote:... i can't stand the tabs at the bottom though.
Yeah, I agree with that; my hidden Taskbar keeps poping up over the tabs!
An option to have those at the top, similar to the classic version, would be great.

Other than that, I enjoy the 'uncluttered' (although with fewer options) look.
And it is much quicker than Chrome on my system.
moshi

Post by moshi »

eclectic-tech wrote: Yeah, I agree with that; my hidden Taskbar keeps poping up over the tabs!
An option to have those at the top, similar to the classic version, would be great.

Other than that, I enjoy the 'uncluttered' (although with fewer options) look.
And it is much quicker than Chrome on my system.
tabs on top would destroy the view. hard to solve.
there's a big update for the new interface for the version after beta 15.7 announced though.
http://clubs.ya.ru/yandexbrowser/replies.xml?item_no=7095
moshi

Post by moshi »

the RU beta now has (optional) tabs on top. as i expected it kinda destroys the view.
anyways, here's an article on Habrahabr:
http://habrahabr.ru/company/yandex/blog/264149/
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Wow - thanks for posting this - what an excellent browser!

It doesn't support Dashlane or 1Password, but it does support LastPass and that might be enough.

I tried loading the beta and the interface was in all Russian, and I couldn't figure out how to change the language to English as I was not familiar enough with the menus, so I am back to the release version - but man - it is fast, it s REALLY good looking, and the security is a huge plus.

Thanks again for posting! My new favorite browser!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote:...I tried loading the beta and the interface was in all Russian, and I couldn't figure out how to change the language to English as I was not familiar enough with the menus, so I am back to the release version - but man - it is fast, it s REALLY good looking, and the security is a huge plus.

Thanks again for posting! My new favorite browser!
Select 'Settings' from the control menu (upper right), then 'Show advanced settings...', then scroll to 'Languages' and click "Language settings..."

From that popup window, select English.

Most of the browser will be in English, but a few items are still in Russian depending on the page...
ms310

Post by ms310 »

eclectic-tech wrote: Select 'Settings' from the control menu (upper right), then 'Show advanced settings...', then scroll to 'Languages' and click "Language settings..."

From that popup window, select English.

Most of the browser will be in English, but a few items are still in Russian depending on the page...
Thanks - for me when I installed the beta EVERYTHING was in Russian. I may try memorizing the menu location so I can navigate to the setting, now that I have spent some time with the browser. The embedded mouse gestures are so excellent. This thing runs fast and looks good, I am very happy!

Update - With some screenshotting of the English interface I got the beta v15.9 installed and switched to English to take a peek at the tabs on the top - hmmm - not sure I like that but will stick with it for a while. Thanks again for the post, great find!
moshi

Post by moshi »

you're not going to find this link on the website, but here's the latest beta international version. this (semi-secret) variant has version-parity with the Russian one.
http://download.cdn.yandex.net/browser/beta-custo-int/en/Yandex.exe

benefits of using the international version over changing the language of the Russian beta:
- the built-in translator will translate to your language
- it comes with the Stealth plugin
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/StealthMode

btw: here's another secret link for those who want to try the Stealth plugin with Chrome (or the Russian version of Yandex.Browser):
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stealth-mode/hfkpddhkjcbfmnclailpehabmekgphfh