It is currently April 24th, 2024, 12:18 pm

Opening Windows Playlists via desktop link.

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
wayte

Opening Windows Playlists via desktop link.

Post by wayte »

Hey, I recently picked up an app that lets me use my iPhone as a wireless mouse for my PC. So I'd really like to be able to actually open playlists (audio and Video) from a distance on WMP.

Solution: Larger boxes that look similar to Apps on an iPod that link to previously mentioned playlists. I've got all the basic framework there, after all it's not that difficult problem is that I have no idea if I can even open playlists with google script.

Anyone got an answer?

Thanks, Wayte.
wayte

Re: Opening Windows Playlists via desktop link.

Post by wayte »

Already tried searching it I cant get anywhere through the ammount of trash that comes up.

I'm using rainmeter to do all of this. Thought it would be pretty simple code / script / what-ever-terminology-you-want.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Opening Windows Playlists via desktop link.

Post by dragonmage »

To open a playlist using Rainmeter you would simply make an IMAGE or BUTTON meter and point it towards the playlist file. It will load the file in whatever app has the default association for that file type. It would then just be a simple matter of clicking on the skin. I'm not sure how this iPhone mouse of yours works, but launching a playlist file using Rainmeter should be trivial.