It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:02 am

PowerPro, a possible companion for RainMeter

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
r0k

PowerPro, a possible companion for RainMeter

Post by r0k »

Hi there. Just stumbled on this application by sheer luck. After some tests, i thought i might come back here to let you know about it.

This application looks horrible when you start it first, and one might think it comes back from win 95 days. I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually true, i found out that version 4.6 was released in 2006, but fear not, version 5.3.01 is a 2013 release.
This application lets you customize windows in plenty of different ways, from multiple virtual desktops to auto-minimize specific applications to the tray, making custom shortcuts and create "bars".

Those bars are like launchers. You can put buttons on them, that can perform various tasks (launch an application, display a menu, shut-down the computer), and you can have different actions for left, middle and right click. The look of the bars can be customized to some extend, but putting an "invisible" bar on top of a Rainmeter skin could really create some interesting combinations.
I've had no issues with latest version on Win8 so far. Only trick was to disable a screensaver "hot corner" conflicting with the Charms Bar.

In case you want to have a look : http://powerpro.cresadu.com/index.html

I'm not involved with this application in any way. I just found it and thought you might be interested. It's not easy to find this one if you don't know it does exist.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: PowerPro, a possible companion for RainMeter

Post by jsmorley »

Looks interesting. I have to say, while you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, that is the worst web site I have seen since about 1996... :-)
Stan

Re: PowerPro, a possible companion for RainMeter

Post by Stan »

I've been using PowerPro for over 10 years.

It's a pretty powerful program and does a lot more then just a launcher. You can create script files to perform different tasks much like the .ini files of Rainmeter.

The author of PowerPro has just recently continued development of the program. There is a forum to discuss PowerPro here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/