It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:12 pm

Generator for glas frame?

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
Helix2648

Generator for glas frame?

Post by Helix2648 »

Hi @ all,

does someone knows a generator, to design a frame like this?

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/308/7/0/vclouds_weather_2_by_vclouds-d2ylush.jpg

Not exactly the same, but I want to try it by myself and I don't know the handling of Gimp oder Photoshop.

I know some round corner generators, which I use, but not with such a beautiful glass effect.

Thank you.

Regards,
Helix
ScoobSTi

Re: Generator for glas frame?

Post by ScoobSTi »

I don't think there's such thing as a generator that can make borders like that. Personally, I think it'd be easier to just make one in GIMP. I could teach you how to make a simple frame if you really want to. :) And from there, I could try a shiny one like your example.
Helix2648

Post by Helix2648 »

Hi ScoobSTi,

I think so too... but my hope never dies :)

First of all I'll try it by myself. There're a lot of "Howto's" about it and I don't believe, that it's very much difficult. But complex for several size. A generator would be faster.

Regards,
Helix
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Actually to achieve effects like this it's much easier to do in a vector graphics editor like Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator. I guess Photoshop can do vector stuff too, if you have that. In these kinds of editors you can easily define shapes with only a few control points and then put gradients on them. That's almost all you need to achieve that kind of effect.

Perhaps this tutorial might give you an idea of what you would have to do in Inkscape to achieve a similar effect: http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?fromSeriesID=132&name=1320000
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!