It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:58 pm

Out to (a Very Long) Lunch, Back Soon

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
Kaelri
Developer

Out to (a Very Long) Lunch, Back Soon

Post by Kaelri »

Hi folks. Just wanted to give you an update. I'll pause here in case the lynch mob on my trail doesn't want to hear the whole speech...

...right. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the Rainmeter community - especially anxious to try out 2.0 - as soon as I can. But the sad fact is, I don't get paid for Enigma, and due to my financial circumstances for the past 6-7 months - forgive me for omitting the personal details - I've had no choice but to focus on what I can get paid for, which is considerably less interesting. I'm hopeful that things will loosen up soon, though. In the meantime, I can't thank the members of this community enough for your patience and overwhelming support, nor can I congratulate you enough for your resilience, creativity and success. I feel an enormous sense of pride for this project, and I ain't gonna abandon you, I promise.

See you soon.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Out to (a Very Long) Lunch, Back Soon

Post by jsmorley »

Even an occasional presence until you are able to be with us more often is fine. We really do miss you around here, for more than just what you brought in skill, creativity, effort and time. You are an indispensable friend.

It is not uncommon in these kinds of communities that someone has to step back for a while to deal with the ins and outs of real life. Just know that we kept your room just as you left it, although Mom threw out your comic book collection...
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

What he said ;).

To be honest, the only part that bugged me about your absence was that we had no idea where you were. Were you sick? Were you dead? Or worse, did you forsake us and join up with Samurize? Now that we know it's a personal thing, I think we can all rest easy. Do what you gotta do, then come back when you're ready. Dragonmage is keeping Enigma warm in the meantime (and doing a pretty good job of it too).
ImageImageImageImage
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

It's good to hear from you kaelri. I'm glad you are alive and hope your troubles are short-lived. I've had my own issues lately and have had to put my Rainmeter projects on hold. I do hope you get back to us soon though, Alex is being overly generous in assessing my work with Enigma. It's a huge job as you well know. I've made it even more huge with my ideas... the sidebars and most of the sidebar skins now automatically change width by changing one variable. The really big idea I haven't started on yet but I think you will like it.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Alex summed it up pretty well. Remember to eat well, we'll be here.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Good to hear from you friend.

You know, clearly, my feelings
You take care of your self.

We and Rainmeter will be here for you when you return

Best of wishes to you

Regards
The Sarge
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Nice to know that you're still alive.
We were getting kinda... worried... To say the least.
Hope you'll be back soon anyway!
I don't think, therefore I'm not.