It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:57 pm

Move over Flash

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
Samus Aran

Re: Move over Flash

Post by Samus Aran »

Depending on what you do with it. ;)
Take a look on sites like newgrounds.com, they will never change to HTML5, for obvious reasons.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Flash will always have it's place in the computer world. The problem is that we're starting to move beyond it and Adobe really fears that. It's been the most amazing thing for so many years. It's time for Adobe to just pass the torch. There are things out there that can do the things flash can do easier and with less resources. I'm not saying this because Steve Jobs wants me to, I actually don't like apple. I'm saying this because this is what I believe.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

smurfier wrote:Flash will always have it's place in the computer world. The problem is that we're starting to move beyond it and Adobe really fears that. It's been the most amazing thing for so many years. It's time for Adobe to just pass the torch. There are things out there that can do the things flash can do easier and with less resources. I'm not saying this because Steve Jobs wants me to, I actually don't like apple. I'm saying this because this is what I believe.
I completely agree. However, in my opinion it is not and should not be Steve Jobs or Apple that dictates the transition. Apple is really acting very "old school Microsoft evil" and I think it is time the community of users and the market pushes back.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

I have a simple reason not to like flash.
I want to be able to open a browser, any browser, that is freashly installed, and I want to simple be able to look at ANY website and see its contents WITHOUT having to download a damned third-party-app.
Plus, flash is hell on ultra-portables (like my n810).
And it's like it always is in the IT-world. New better things come to replace the old broken.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Yeah, I want Apple to just back off on Adobe and allow flash to operate on their systems. We as users are obviously getting a little fed up with how it's operating and thus developers are slowly moving away from it. The last thing stev-o wants to do is p!$$ us geeks and nerds off.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
tru

Post by tru »

When it comes down to it it's all about the money. Look at the companies that hold the patents on the other alternatives. The key words are "third party" they don't want that they want to control all the apps being made for there systems and get paid for it to boot.