It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:45 pm

[BUG] CMD commands with Intel Optane Memory.

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
kyriakos876

[BUG] CMD commands with Intel Optane Memory.

Post by kyriakos876 »

This BUG is intel's fault obviously and not Rainmeter's, but I would like to inform any Intel Optane Memory users.

If you have a skin that uses CMD commands like "shutdown.exe -s -t 0" to shutdown your computer, note that the Intel Optane Memory will not shut down as expected and the next boot time will be the same as if you had no Intel Optane Memory installed, plus you won't be able to launch any program for the next 5 minutes or so, until the Intel Optane Memory has recovered and catch up with the condition of your PC.

I have contacted intel and they will reply as soon as they figure out what is going on. I will update this thread when more information is available.

(I know this is pretty new technology and almost nobody owns it yet, but the BUG is there and you should know about it.)
kyriakos876

Re: [BUG] CMD commands with Intel Optane Memory.

Post by kyriakos876 »

dvo wrote:r u using it for ssd or normal drives?
Some 7 year old 500GB HDD. It doesn't make a lot of sense to use it for an SSD, unless you have a pretty cheap one, which you should't. lol
kyriakos876

Re: [BUG] CMD commands with Intel Optane Memory.

Post by kyriakos876 »

dvo wrote:that's why i was asking it ssd... couldn't be pimped :P and it works in time not after a few boots that's what i read about.
but that it stays powered seem wierd but optane is wierd :P :D
It only takes one reboot actually to get it to working like an SSD (Faster than many SSD's actually. It's just not recommended if you already have an SSD as the boosted performance isn't worth the money. But for me, I had no SSD so I said: "Hey, a non volatile RAM. I'll take that." and you don't have to worry about writing cycles or any of that, which for me is a big deal as I format my PC too often due to stupid things I do and get out of my control.) Yea, optane is weird at the moment.