It is currently September 19th, 2020, 9:10 am

How To Silence the Crowd...

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 4111
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by eclectic-tech »

Post an update to a creation...

I hope my update wasn't a turn off for everyone?! :o :-( :D

It sure is quiet on the boards! :???:
User avatar
Brian
Developer
Posts: 2061
Joined: November 24th, 2011, 1:42 am
Location: Utah

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by Brian »

It's the calm before the storm ...
New meter coming soon...

-Brian
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 21365
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by jsmorley »

If you want a friend, get a dog... ;-)
User avatar
fonpaolo
Moderator
Posts: 1397
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Location: Italy

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by fonpaolo »

...or a cat. ;-)

Other than that, I concur with you, eclectic-tech, I looked at my feeds skin and I was surprised of all this quiet here, today.

...even the "usual" spammers, today were strangely inactive.
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 4111
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by eclectic-tech »

fonpaolo wrote:...or a cat. ;-)

Other than that, I concur with you, eclectic-tech, I looked at my feeds skin and I was surprised of all this quiet here, today.

...even the "usual" spammers, today were strangely inactive.
@Brian
No news is good news... no problems is a good thing, now I think you may have jinx's it ;-)

@jsmorley
Not looking for friends, just commenting on the peace and quiet :D

@fonpaola
I have a cat, that acts like a dog (comes when I call, a lap-cat while I try to type)

The spammers usually strike in the early morning, but the moderators here are top notch, so those posts disappear quickly! :thumbup:
User avatar
fonpaolo
Moderator
Posts: 1397
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Location: Italy

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by fonpaolo »

eclectic-tech wrote:...I have a cat, that acts like a dog (comes when I call, a lap-cat while I try to type)...
I had a similar cat, the one and only who also obeyed like a dog, at least for all the people I know have cats, they all were very surprised, say to a cat "sit there and wait"... and it obeys.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 21365
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote:I had a similar cat, the one and only who also obeyed like a dog, at least for all the people I know have cats, they all were very surprised, say to a cat "sit there and wait"... and it obeys.
I have a cat, and if I tell him to "sit there and wait", he just looks at me like I have obviously lost my mind, and have mistaken him for someone else entirely.
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 4111
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote:I have a cat, and if I tell him to "sit there and wait", he just looks at me like I have obviously lost my mind, and have mistaken him for someone else entirely.
You definitely have a 'normal' cat! :D
Mine and fonpaolo's are the exceptions... lovable, and the best thing is I can leave for several days, and it takes care of itself! Try that with a DOG! :sly:
User avatar
fonpaolo
Moderator
Posts: 1397
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Location: Italy

Re: How To Silence the Crowd...

Post by fonpaolo »

That was only an example, I don't know how many cats, with the table prepared, doesn't jump on it and... you know, but waits until you sit, "asks permission" with a meow, then jumps on your knees and patiently waits to have something. ;-)