It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Rainmeter.net - 9 Years Ago

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
sa3er

Rainmeter.net - 9 Years Ago

Post by sa3er »

Got this using the time machine!
:o O.O :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlyingHyrax

Re: Rainmeter.net - 9 Years Ago

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Oh yeah, the good ol' days. :)
Though, I only found RM about 5 years ago, so this is even older...
If I remember correctly, The Manual was one page, too...
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

Wow!
Well, wrong about the one page. I did print the whole thing out on paper at one time - might be where I got that impression.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
moshi

Post by moshi »

FlyingHyrax wrote:Wow!
Well, wrong about the one page. I did print the whole thing out on paper at one time - might be where I got that impression.
no. you are right. it was one HTML page in the earlier versions. CHMs came later. the very first one was not even HTML, just this:

Code: Select all

Rainmeter 0.1 for litestep

This is a simple CPU/MEM Meter plugin for Litestep. It is a LoadModule plugin and not a Wharf module as most of the others. This one works only in Windows 2000 (and maybe in NT4). Win9x is not supported.

The configuration is done in the Rainmeter.ini file. The settings should be quite clear, so I'm not going to explain them here. I might implement equivalent step.rc settings later (as well as better documentation).

If you want to get rid of one of the meters (e.g. the MEM), just set its color to pink (255,0,255).

There are also two bangs you can use:
!RainmeterShow
!RainmeterHide

The example configuration's graphics are from the excellent Kgnome3 theme by KanedA.

Kimmo 'Rainy' Pekkola
rainy@iki.fi
have to add Kimmo's documentation always was good, especially in comparison with other customization software. it's great it still is.
(i remember opening some LS modules with a hex-editor to find out which !bangs and options they had to offer)
sa3er

Post by sa3er »

FlyingHyrax wrote:Oh yeah, the good ol' days. :)
Though, I only found RM about 5 years ago, so this is even older...
If I remember correctly, The Manual was one page, too...
:))
I did use Rainlander for quite sometime, like 5 or 6 years ago, but never knew about Rainmeter up until 3 years ago and it jost got serious 1 year ago. Have to admit it's not so well introduced over the global net, and some other crappy customization and monitoring software got fame more than they deserve. I mean right now, Rainmeter is not in the place it deserves to be.
There's something wrong with the file, get nothing but blank on the right frame.
Here's the disassembled version for those who would like to take a peek:
http://d.pr/f/nxd0