It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:12 am

Vodo - "free content from creators who WANT to share!"

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
Chewtoy

Vodo - "free content from creators who WANT to share!"

Post by Chewtoy »

http://vodo.net/

Vodo is a new project started by the creator of Steal This FIlm with the help of Isohunt, Mininova, The Pirate Bay, Vuze, miro and a lot of other sites.
It aims to help indie film-makers distrubute their films in a more efficient and cheaper way.
The distribution platform is of course P2P as this has proven to be the best way to share files with a great coverage.

You download a film for free, and if you like it - you can donate to the creators. No middle-man, no fuzzle.

On a side note: At least I thought that their first release "Us Now" is pretty darn awesome. :)
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Yelleke

Re: Vodo - "free content from creators who WANT to share!"

Post by Yelleke »

Chewtoy wrote:You download a film for free, and if you like it - you can donate to the creators. No middle-man, no fuzzle.
Looks like a new way to spread piracy.

I only have to donate if I like the movie, so I see hundreds of movies for free and donate nothing.
Hey, I didn't liked any of them.

This project smells badly
:|
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Although I agree that many of the sharing solutions/partners mentioned are of poor character, apparently this VODO is legitimate.
As the site is fairly new and there is no real records to prove that there is an illegal activity taking place I will let this post remain.

I will suggest Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware), Who know exacting what you are getting do to a lack of site reviews.
If at any time I find that this site is offering illegal downloads, I will immediately pull this post. No action towards chewtoy ;)

If the site remains legitimate, it may lead to a new interesting future of file sharing and video viewing, but I believe that this site is attempting to cover that new concept.
Independent Filmer makers have always taken a back seat to the mainstream, and this may be their only way to produce, be properly recognized, and make some money for room, board, and the next movie.

I am interested enough to watch where this site goes and to see if the film maker and producers of the independent films are actually reaping the benefits.
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

First, let me tell Chewtoy I did not report this post as bad.
Its not up to me to report bad stuff.

Secondly, I hope no action is taken towards Chewtoy
He only make use of the right to express himselff and showing us what he has found.

But if I see what kind kind of sites are involved and what the former project was.
I have my doubts about the new project.

And, who am I to decide whats good or bad, I just gave my opinion on the project.

;)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Yelleke wrote:First, let me tell Chewtoy I did not report this post as bad.
Its not up to me to report bad stuff.

Secondly, I hope no action is taken towards Chewtoy
He only make use of the right to express himselff and showing us what he has found.

But if I see what kind kind of sites are involved and what the former project was.
I have my doubts about the new project.

And, who am I to decide whats good or bad, I just gave my opinion on the project.

;)
Oof :shock: apparently I did not make myself clear, or clearly misunderstood :? :oops:

I feel it is everyone's responsibility to help maintain teh forums, so if there is bad stuff, I may not catch it every time.

No no, I was trying to say that chewtoy has acted in good faith, and if the site is bad, I will pull it, and chewtoy has nothing to worry about.

and by the Gods yes we are all welcome to our opinions. I would hate to think we all agree on everything all the time. Rainmeter would be terribly boring and we'd all be stuck with HUD Vision (according to the encyclopedia dramatica)

My apologies for being so non-descriptive and lucent.
I have been sick all day, so the brain is working on a fever of 102o, and I have to go back to work later this evening
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Ah. Well. to give a little more info on the site.
Nothing on it can be uploaded unless the creators of it upload it. So if you want a movie to be uploaded, you have to contact them and prove that you are infact the creator of the movie you want to upload. That The Pirate Bay, Isohunt and Mininova is on the project is really no surprise as they have a good long history of hosting .torrent-files. :P

But I hope that this is a poject that will flurish as well as Jamendo have. It would be great imho as I'm more of a copyleft person than a copyright.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.