It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:03 am

3D wallpaper and monitor?

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
callmee

3D wallpaper and monitor?

Post by callmee »

Does anyone has a 3d monitor that uses a 3d wallpaper like this one on their desktop?

I don't have one myself but I think 3d monitor will become more and more mainstream will everyone start using these 3d wallpaper?
Screensuit is a social platform that allows you to show off your customization on your PC, Mac, smart phones and tablets! Sign up for beta launch invitations today!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: 3D wallpaper and monitor?

Post by jsmorley »

No, I do not think so myself unless the technology changes so you don't need to wear some silly glasses to see the 3D effect. I think it is a dead-end in TV's and even in movies until that happens.
callmee

Post by callmee »

I found this glasses free, eye tracking monitor:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/lg-updates-eye-tracking-glasses-free-3d-displays-learns-to-lov/

I wonder what that tiger will look like on it :D
Screensuit is a social platform that allows you to show off your customization on your PC, Mac, smart phones and tablets! Sign up for beta launch invitations today!
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

That tiger appears to be an example of the old 3D implementation that used the glasses with one red and one blue lens. The newer 3D does it a little differently. This image looks exactly the same through "real d 3D" glasses, there is no 3D effect.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

If 3D displays become mainstream, they'll work like the Nintendo 3DS, which uses an autostereoscopic display. No glasses, and no awful red-and-blue coloring. Anything less is doomed to be a novelty.